Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

DW602.Seems to be a small leak from the front left hand

Customer Question

Beko DW602. Seems to be a small leak from the front left hand side of the chamber into the base of the unit. This activated the anti flood switch. I've checked that the holes in the spray arms are clear as I was told this could cause the same problem by a Beko engineer. As the holes all seem clear, have you any ideas what could be causing this leak?

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK firstly do this set it off on a program, but prior to this place the spray arms (both) in the front to back position. Once the appliance has been running for a few minutes open the door quickly (watching out for spray) and tell me if the spray bars are moving or have moved. Then come back to me.

JACUSTOMER-8wbyf05h- :

Hi Ian

JACUSTOMER-8wbyf05h- :

Hi Ian. Sorry about the previous message. Yes, the arms are spinning freely when I open the unit.

Dales-Electronic :

OK can you confirm that there is water coming out of the end of the spray bars and that they are turning (not that youa re able to freely turn them, what I need to know is that the water pressure that forces them around is actually doing so, not that they are free to move by hand ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-8wbyf05h- :

Yes. I'm sorry if my information was confusing, the bars were spinning and water was coming out of the holes when I opened the door.

Dales-Electronic :

OK that's fine, the reason I asked is that if there is a problem with the bars spinning they tend to stick diagonally across the wash cavity pointing towards the door edges, this then causes a high pressure jet of water to hit a seal that is designed to keep in splashes not high pressure jets. You now need to check the door seal which runs from the left hand side up over the top and back down the other side and also the seal that runs across the bottom of the door for both debris and damage ~ then come back to me ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-8wbyf05h- :

Hi Ian. The seal around the chamber seems ok. I pulled it from it's housing and found a bit of debris inside the channel that houses the seal, but it wasn't causing the seal not to fit. I've noticed that the seal on the bottom of the door seems to have "rippled from the left hand side along to about 200mm from the right edge and it feels a little hard compared to the rest of the seals. Could this be the problem?

Dales-Electronic :

Yes this seal is available as a separate part and fairly easy to change ~ it was what I expected to be the trouble would you like me to find you a supplier or can you get one from you local repair company?

JACUSTOMER-8wbyf05h- :

If you could give me the name of a supplier, that would be great. How easy is the fix- does the seal just pull out or do I need to remove anything? I am an instrumentation engineer, so I'm ok to have a go myself!

Dales-Electronic :

OK where are you based ie whats you postcode first half only needed and I will find you a distributor local to you

JACUSTOMER-8wbyf05h- :

BL7

Dales-Electronic :

OK its a company called Qualtex located in Manchester telephone number 01795 596750 part number is *****(###) ###-####should cost you about a tenner delivered to you ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

If you would now kindly rate my service using the Smiley faces below I can then shut this job down on the system, once this is done you can come back at any time and ask further questions free of charge. Many thanks for you question ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-8wbyf05h- :

Thanks for that Ian. Is it obvious how the seal is removed and refitted?

Dales-Electronic :

Yep pull the old one off, there are two types, one screws on has a locating plate, the other just slides on. You'll see how it goes when you get the new seal ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-8wbyf05h- :

Thanks Ian. Hopefully, won't need to be in touch again. Thanks for your help - excellent service!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian. There still seems to be a very small leak from the left hand side of the chamber, but I don't know if you'd expect this or not. It's just a very small amount collecting at the front edge of the tray at the bottom of the unit.

OK just check for debris and once again check that the side seals are OK _ it would pay you just to tip the appliance back a little to help the water run back into the appliance. When you say a small amount connecting at the bottom do you mean inside the wash cavity? ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, the actual bottom of the machine where all the workings of the machine are located.

OK what you are going to have to do is take the bottom off the appliance, unscrewing the flood protection device and putting it upon blocks or a workmate look under and find out where the appliance is leaking from, once you have found the leak rectification will be straight forward ~ come back to me when you have found the leak and I will take you further ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Ian. As its an integrated unit, its going to take a bit of time. I'll look at it over the holidays.

No worries I will be around most of the time, have family coming for Christmas but otherwise should be here ~ in the meantime put one of those miracle sponges in that corner which will soak any water up until you can get to it ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cheers ***** ***** already done that, but there really is only a miniscule amount of water leaking onto it, so the leak is a very small one!!

OK keep an eye on it over the Christmas period and come back to me if needed

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Ian, all the best. Paul

Paul ~ and the same to you speak to you once the pandemonium is over ~ Ian