Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Beko DW686 Motor & Spray Pump How to replace

Beko DW686 Motor & Spray Pump
How to replace
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK when you are around give me a bell on here and I will take you through changing over the pump assy ~ Ian

Customer:

whats the answer ?

Customer:

Hi there

Dales-Electronic :

OK with appliance out and plenty of room around and some towels or the like gently lay the appliance on its back. Then remove the front feet and using the front screwdriver adjuster move the rear feet out so that they protrude from the base by about 75mm ~ OK so far?

Customer:

yep

Customer:

Its OK with me If you just give me a complete response

Customer:

I'll just copy and paste it - and complete the task in the morning

Dales-Electronic :

Then remove the four screws that hold the base on to the bottom of the appliance and very carefully pull the base plate away noting that the flood protection device is still still connected, undo the two screws under the baseplate centre that hold the fpd and fold the fpd out of the way. You now have access to the circulating pump, undo the cable clips at the front pipes (you will likely have to replace them with jubilee clips) and disconnect the electric cables removing the pump from the pipes. Replace the pump and reassemble in the reverse order ~ job done, Can you now rate my service so that I can close the job down, this allows you to ask further questions tomorrow at no extra cost to you ~ Have fun ~ Ian

Customer:

is the level detection device within the unit ?

Dales-Electronic :

Yes the flood protection device is the circular thing that is screwed to the base of the appliance

Customer:

As the pump was blocked - I cleared it.CLEARED IT

Customer:

Now it just rund all the time.

Customer:

Sorry poor spelling, runs all the time.re

Customer:

Like the low level switch aint functioning.

Dales-Electronic :

OK don't get the two pumps mixed up, there is a pump that circulates the water and in doing so washes the pots and there is a pump that drains the water down the drain, ~ OK lets start again you asked how to replace the motor and spray pump ~ is that the problem or the fact that the pump runs all the time?

Customer:

Sorry

Customer:

I meant the drain pump

Customer:

Didn't realise there were two

Customer:

It was blocked - I cleared it (dischareg hose)

Customer:

Now it runs all the time.

Dales-Electronic :

OK if the drain pump is running all the time then the flood protection device has been activated because you have got a leak, likely because the drainpump hasn't been put back correctly or the seal was damaged or the drain hose is not on correctly. In this case you will need to find the leak correct it, then dry out the base and the appliance should work ok again ~ Ian

Customer:

Customer:

Smiley Face for you.

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.