KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

when I put my dishwasher on it seems to be working fine (water

when I put my dishwasher on it seems to be working fine (water coming in etc) but after a minute or so all the sockets in the house are tripped. What could be the cause?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number and how old is it ?

Customer:

Customer:

It is a Siemens Ecosense think model number is ***** 406 612 (8812)? It is a few years old.

KevinWhiteJA :

The model number start with E nr

KevinWhiteJA :

So it starts and then after few minutes just trips the breaker

Customer:

model number is ***** and yes starts and then trips the breaker

KevinWhiteJA :

OK the possible cause is the Heater Element that is bad and will need replacement...how good are you with repairs ?

KevinWhiteJA :

Do you have a multimeter so as to check the element ?

Customer:

not good with repairs will have to call someone out wasn't sure whether to call an electrician or engineer for dishwashers

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, you can contact Siemens at 0344(###) ###-####or contact www.repaircare.co.uk to get a repair quote

KevinWhiteJA :

The part is around £130

Customer:

sounds like an expensive job with parts and labour?

KevinWhiteJA :

As you have already cleaned everything and there is nothing blocked so I believe it is the heater, might be something else but then we have to check...If it is the heater assembly then yes it is expensive job with parts and labor

Customer:

ok but basically I need a dishwasher engineer rather than an electrician as likely to be dishwasher rather than electrics might be cheaper to get a new dishwasher!

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes that is correct ...if it is the heater element then it is better to buy a new one

Customer:

Ok, thanks for your help