Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi, My Artisan Kitchenaid stand mixer has stopped working,

Customer Question

Hi, My Artisan Kitchenaid stand mixer has stopped working, the motor seems ok but as soon as i apply the tools, Whisk, dough Hook and beater these seem too low down and are touching the bottom of the bowl causing the motor to then roar but no going around, i think the tilted has dropped and don't know what to do - thanks.
regards
Lesley
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Michael :

hello are you here?

Michael :

hello?

Michael :

are you there?

JACUSTOMER-r90aznpc- :

Hi Michael yes i am on line -i take it you know the problem i want solving or have i got to type it all again?Are you there? come on i have just paid £33 I need an answer please

Michael :

Hi I havent been paid anything yet, its on your account

Michael :

I do know the problem very well

JACUSTOMER-r90aznpc- :

I am not going to pay you the money - how come you answered then I have been waiting for a response

Michael :

try this test... place dime in the bottom of the bowl then place the mixing whisk on the motor shaft and run the unit, the whisk should only skim the top of the dime, please let me know what happens

Michael :

I am here to help is all

JACUSTOMER-r90aznpc- :

ok thanks ill try - no nothing happens but the motor still works

Michael :

maybe its best if I wsitch us to Q & A, it may work better today

Michael :

are you saying the motor runs but the parts wont move?

JACUSTOMER-r90aznpc- :

ok

JACUSTOMER-r90aznpc- :

yes they are too low and touching bottom of the bowl stopping

Michael :

does the motor continue to run, when the part (beater etc stops)?

JACUSTOMER-r90aznpc- :

No

Michael :

thank you

Michael :

There is a repair kit for this and an online video for this

JACUSTOMER-r90aznpc- :

only when I take the beater out

Michael :

Would you like the information on where to get the parts? I will help you make the repair;-)

JACUSTOMER-r90aznpc- :

Ok thanks where do get the repair kit and do you know how much and what is causing the problem

Michael :

ok one minute...

Michael :

Are you in the UK?

JACUSTOMER-r90aznpc- :

Yes

Michael :

thanks

Michael :

one min

Michael :

you will need to order this from the US

Michael :

Please visit: http://www.ereplacementparts.com/ its best to call them for this.

JACUSTOMER-r90aznpc- :

why don't they have it in England

Michael :

you need the stop pin for the hinge and I would also replace the protection gear its nylon, they will know what you mean ;-)

JACUSTOMER-r90aznpc- :

I need to know what is exactly gone wrong if you know there is a replacement kit what am I to ask for?

Michael :

Hi the pin that stops the arm from dropping too low is bent

Michael :

that is the pin you need to replace, its pretty easy to do

Michael :

I will help you when you have the part.

JACUSTOMER-r90aznpc- :

Ok thanks how will I get the pin out?

Michael :

once you rate my service as ok or better, I can then set us up so you can contact me anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed.

Michael :

With that pin, you can use a roll pin driver and a hammer or I use a small nail;-)

Michael :

cheaper that way and just as effective

Michael :

then the motor wont fall down too low anymore ;-)

Michael :

its possible the pin may have broken as well or fallen out

Michael :

I am not sure why you rated me poor service? if that was a mistake please re rate

Michael :

Thank you and have a great day!

JACUSTOMER-r90aznpc- :

Ok thanks I am somewhat disappointed that I have paid £33 on-line which is something I never do normally I thought it would be better I could have sent it away to Kitchenaid themselves in England Ok thanks I will have to check this out

JACUSTOMER-r90aznpc- :

you too

Michael :

I will report this to customer service, I am only a technician, Please reconsider your rating as I did provede all the info you needed

Michael :

Thanks!

Michael :

I dont get many poor ratings and they can hurt my good status

JACUSTOMER-r90aznpc- :

No I am disappointed as I thought I was dealing with Kitchenmaid themselves and £33.00 is a hell of a lot of money for this info.

Michael :

even Ok service would ne helpful

Michael :

I understand but I am only a tech thsnk you for understanding

Michael :

I will also let them know not to charge that to you;-)