Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hi - we have a Classics 1200 washer which is leaking water

Hi - we have a Classics 1200 washer which is leaking water immediately after turning it on... any suggestions?!
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me where the water is appearing from?
Also do you have the fullmodel number?

Are you able to pull the machine out?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

wae24162uk /1FD6705 is the model no, water is coming from underneath the machine when filling up (i.e. after it has entered the machine)

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Malcolm

When the water leaks, can you see the water in the drum?

Is the water at the level of the door seal?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The water gets into the drum but doesn't have a chance to fill as it seems to empty from there - the drum seal at the front seems intact
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

OK, in that case it sounds like a leak, maybe from the tub hose to the drain pump.

Turn off the power and lean the machine back againtst the wall and have someone hold it fo you

Look up into the base of the machine and look for water stains, often white in colour

Common sites are the tub hose, or a loose hose which just needs tightening

If you need ore help, please just ask

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. The main rubber join that comes off the drum and has the outlet pipes etc conf off it has a small mouse hole! Do you know the part number for this?