Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hi I just broke my Kenwood HB724 700W 0.75L hand blender.

Hi I just broke my Kenwood HB724 700W 0.75L hand blender. i was making a soup and the was one piec of bone lurkin at the bottom First was the sound of bone and blade but then there was internal grinding sound. Then when I removed the attachemet it wasn't normal inside. Can't explain because couldn't understand it.
I live in Edinburgh. What can a do to get this fixed as fast as possible? many plans for Christmas!
Edith
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Customer:

Hi Ian,

Customer:

Are you there now?

Dales-Electronic :

OK when you say it isn't normal inside do you mean that when you switch it on the grinding continues and the blade is not turning?

Customer:

When the blade is not connected, just a whirring sound, but there is something wrong with the metal connecting piece. doesn't look normal and doesn't fit. It makes a grinding noise

Customer:

Makes a grinding noise when I try tmentso attach any of the attach

Customer:

try to attach any of the attachments...

Dales-Electronic :

OK we have got basically three pieces, an electric motor in the handle, a gearbox and the actual attachments. I would think that you have stripped some of the teeth in the gearbox assembly. Are the locking ears still in place and able to lock the attachment in place ?

Customer:

It seems to lock, but the part inside doesn't look right.

Customer:

could I take a cell phone picture and text it to you?

Dales-Electronic :

Please download the manual straight away as the system will cancel it in 15 mins. ~ cellphone number is ***** the # ***** 928831

Dales-Electronic :

The manual is for the later version but will help me identify the problem areas by referring to diagram numbers ~ Ian

Customer:

ok I have taken a few fotos if you have a number I could send to. otherwise

Dales-Electronic :

My number is ***** above in blue

Dales-Electronic :

As far as I can see there are two repair companies in Glasgow and one in Perth

Customer:

I used d the main blad attachment 5 in manual.

Dales-Electronic :

OK is it this that you think is defective or the handle?

Customer:

Perth and Glasgow are not near. Doesn't seem there is more you can do?

Customer:

I have the manual, but can't see anything relevant there.

Customer:

I've never used this service before but not sure how it is supposed to work?

Dales-Electronic :

OK if you take one of the other attachment and plug them into the handle do they work correctly?

Customer:

No they also make a loud grinding sound

Customer:

the sound is in the lower part of the motorhandle

Dales-Electronic :

OK the system is totally dependent on You being my eyes, ears and nose. You tell me what you see, hear and smell and from this I try and diagnose where your problem is. So far together we have concluded that either the handle or the wand are faulty. What we have to do is narrow this down to which of the two it is and then I can tell you where you might go to get the part and repair it yourself OR if you are not comfortable with doing it where to take it and have it repaired by someone competent.

Dales-Electronic :

I've just asked you to change the head so that I can work out if the handle end is broken ~ Ian

Customer:

Yes I already tried another attachment and , as I say it also made the thevery bad grinding noise. When i say it doesn't look right My memory is that each attachment has a little back rubber ring around the head of what fits into the motor part. However that is not there and what it waould fit into also does not appear to be there. intstead theres what looks like white plastic curved beak which just whirrs around when no attachment. When there's the attachment it locks in but the sound is not norml and the blade does not spin

Dales-Electronic :

OK it is as I thought at the start, you have stripped out the teeth on the gearbox transfer wheel, this will mean that you have to replace the handle end ~ it is available with a cost of around £50 ~ as we seem to have reached a result would you kindly rate the information supplied ~ once this is done I can give you further support on a free of charge basis together with companies that can supply this part on a mail order basis ~ thanks ~ Ian

Customer:

OK. I think I will be able to find a cheaper blender over Christmas and will then think about it. If I want to buy a motor for £50 I'll get back to you. meanwhile, I did not attend to subscribe beyond to day, can you tell me how I can check to be sure money will not come out of my account beyond this vist? many thanks. Edith

Dales-Electronic :

Unless you have signed up to subscribe on a monthly basis you will only be expected to pay a one off fee for this information. If you require a similar blender the Braun MQ100 hand blender is available at Argos for £18.99 with a years warranty ~ Ian

Customer:

Thanks again andI think I'll go for the Braun. many thanks