George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

re gas oven SY23X---it burns the base of items--I sem to

Customer Question

re gas oven SY23X---it burns the base of items--I seem to resome way member some way of corrrecting his but cannot trace the article now.

For example if salmon en croute is to be heated the pastry base is overdone .Even trying to dissipate heat by using a wire mesh device does not help.

I think there is a  way of adjusting he gas burner?

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Adjusting the gas valve on these can be done but must be done by a gas engineer as the flow rate will need to be measured at the same time as adjusting the flow.

There is a likely-hood that you thermostat needs either changing or locating correctly...