Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

Hi, I accidentaly left the fire on last night and now there

Hi, I accidentaly left the fire on last night and now there is no power going through to my Cadogan! Is there a trip switch in the fire for when it's overheating please?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Plumberpro :

Hi . is it an optimist?

Customer:

Yes, it is.

Plumberpro :

Ok. Is there water in the tank and sump?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

but probably not last night

Plumberpro :

Ok the transducer may have failed. This sometimes happens when the water runs out.

Customer:

So there isn't a trip switch inside the fire for overheating?

Plumberpro :

Are you getting any heat?

Customer:

No. No power at all

Plumberpro :

Have you checked the fuse?

Customer:

Yes

Plumberpro :

Hi , give me a few mins to download the wiring diagram , thanks

Customer:

OK

Plumberpro :

Ok , check all the connection are tight and clean , just waiting for a download from dimplex

Customer:

The only connections that i can see are the ones into the side of the water tank and I have checked them

Plumberpro :

Hi ,sorry but still waiting for this download ,

Customer:

ok

Plumberpro :

Hi , there is a thermal cutout within the fan . unplug for 10 Minutes to reset it .

Customer:

I will try but I dont think it is that because it was switched off at the wall for more than 10 mins when I tried cleaning the tank etc this morning and again when I checked the fuse.

Plumberpro :

Hi . I take it you have a manual

Plumberpro :

And have been through the restart procedures

Customer:

No, I haven't heard about restart?

Plumberpro :

I've got the instructions but they arnt upto much . it say to switch on the power button and then press the other button to start. You probably know this already .

Plumberpro :

I can't find any wiring power info in the manual

Customer:

I have checked my manual and there is nothing about restart in it. Which page is that please?

Plumberpro :

First part of the trouble shooting page

Customer:

Do you mean the back page? That is about the flame effect isn't it. There is no power going through to the fire.

Plumberpro :

Symptom 1 is about no power as well

Customer:

I have done everything it suggests - which is basically switching the control knobs on. But there is no response

Plumberpro :

To be honest if you cleaned it all out and refilled ,checked the connections and the thermal cutout has been reset then the only thing I can think that it can be is the thermal cutout has failed. If you can find it and have a multimeter you can check that is open using ohms on a multimeter

Customer:

ok, my electrician says he will have a look at it tomorrow, thanks

Plumberpro :

Your welcome

Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced