Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

i have a beko frostfree fridge freezer model cfd64b freezer

Customer Question

i have a beko frostfree fridge freezer model cfd64b freezer part is ok. but top part of fridge is icing up do i need to replace circuit board in light houseing
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

hello are you there?

Michael :

I will switch us to Q & A

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Brian, how old is your fridge?
Also is there any excess frost in the freezer on the rear wall?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Approx 5 years and yes frost on top part inside frdge on rear wall
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Brian,
The first thing to do is defrost the unit completely for 24 hour with the door open, dry up any water.
Then run the unit empty for 24 hours, let me know if the frost returns in that period of time.
This can be one of many parts that is causing this issue. Most aren't very expensive;-) this doesn't sound like the control board yet.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Brian.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

fridge is still icing up at the top part

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Brian, how long did it run until you noticed the frost re appearing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Frost is not in freezer but in top half of fridge and it started to freeze within the hour
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that, its what I figured.
This is usually a clog in the defrost drain line.
The line is behind the rear inside wall of the freezer and drips into a small pan.
Usually there will be something blocking that port or the line.
For this you will need to remove the freezer shelves than the rear inner wall. Let me know if you need advice when you attempt this, I will be here all day tomorrow;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I took the line off from the pan and blew up it and there was no problem with it no blockage
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Ok thats a good start.
But you need to check the lines as best you can visually.
Believe it or not, I have seen peas and assorted trash in them you would never expect lol.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George.. When and if you reply to me, kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you tell me if the compressor is hot at the back when it is running?
Can you also tell me if the compressor seems to run constantly with little or no breaks?
Can you tell me if the frost is along the top or in one corner, with no frost below it?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi George isn't sure of this issue.
But I have many years of experience with these.
A couple of things can cause this but not likely the compressor or freon level on this one;-)
Can you tell me if the compressor is hot at the back when it is running?Can you also tell me if the compressor seems to run constantly with little or no breaks?Can you tell me if the frost is along the top or in one corner, with no frost below it?