Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hi, When I turn my Belling classic cooker on at the source

Customer Question

When I turn my Belling classic cooker on at the source the oven makes a droning / humming sound before the oven is even turned on.
Can anyone let me know what the problem is and how to resolve it.
Apologies for the lack of info but that all I have to go on.
Thanks in advance
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK I really need a great deal more to go on, it could be any number of things ~ does the droning/humming come from the top bottom middle? Is it a gas or electric as both gas and electric cookers are connected to the electric. Aren't you able to see the rating plate inside the door frame?

JACUSTOMER-8z3r44gc- :

Hi Ian,

JACUSTOMER-8z3r44gc- :

Hi Ian,The noise

JACUSTOMER-8z3r44gc- :

is coming from the back I think. I will need to take a further look really as I can't be sure right now. The cooker is gas but is fan assisted as well. I will have to take a look for the rating plate when I get home and respond further then.

JACUSTOMER-8z3r44gc- :

Cheers

Dales-Electronic :

OK that is fine, I am here now for the rest of the evening, if you can get the model or product code that would be gret ~ some of them have two fans one to cool the electronics and one to circulate the hot air in the main oven. Just ping me on here when you have the information and we can take it from there ~ Ian