Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

i have a de dietrich DOP 1190B oven. It has the 'Demo' Mode

Customer Question

i have a de dietrich DOP 1190B oven. It has the 'Demo' Mode on it. I need to get it off!
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Please try this

To put on DEMO or take off DEMO.

the clock must be set to 0000 for this to work, to set clock, press button with clock symbol

then using the – or + adjust time to read 00H00, then press ok.

now within 10 seconds of setting the time you first press and hold the – (minus) button then while holding the – button press and hold the + (plus) button, continue to hold both buttons until you hear a long bleep (approx 10 seconds) and the demo word will appear, you use the same method to take off DEMO.

If this sorts the problem

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Mate, that's ridiculous. You've just googled it and found exactly the same as I found myself! It's not for the right model. If you can't di better than that I want a refund.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
He googled and found something I already had!
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Hi Dominic
Thats from the service manual,so if its on the net, someone copied and pasted it there, sorry.

Let me look some more, OK?

Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have the service manual. Nothing in there. Please help! Christmas dinner....!
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
You just rated me as giving you bad service??

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry! I didn't mean to! I'm frantic. Haven't used this before. I will change anything if you can help me!
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
No worries Can you rate again as OK now while I continue to look for you.
If we cant find an answer you can always get the deposit back

Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Ok, can you access a menu "settings" ?

Is this a new oven or has it just done this out of the blue?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can access settings. New oven.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Ok
So another option is this

Activate the "Help / Aide" function
Then the function ASS type the code 45140
Confirm with "OK"
Select Demo

This should take it off

Let me know

Ill be out for about 30 minutes but will be back

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I love you!!!!!! Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This has worked to an extent - the oven is working but the door is now locked - there's a key on the screen where the demo was before. Help!
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Lol

OK
so it seems like the self clean is now on?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think I'm sorted mate. Thanks. Good job.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dominic

Great news
have a great Christmas

All the best

Rob