Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi. I have a Creda ceramic cooker (C366E) and the front right

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Creda ceramic cooker (C366E) and the front right gloe hob has blown. Can I replace it? If so, how do I get into the top. I was told the glass could be replaced, so there must be a way to inspect the damage and maybe replace or isolate the hotplate. Otherwise it was all working. I have no oven for Christmas.
Geo
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

If the heater has blown in the hob then yes this can be replaced.

To do this turn the power off to the cooker.
Then pull it out and remove the screws holding the side panels on at the back.
Then bend them both out.
Now you will see 2 screw either side holding the glass hob on. Remove them and then look at the back on the under side of the hob and see of theres another screw there.
Then look on the side of the hob top were it goes to the front panel and there may be another screw there. You need to remove this.
Then look on the left hand side and you will see the wiring block for the hob. Just pull this apart and then you can lift the glass top off and away.

Place a towel down and lay the glass top down on the glass side.
Now you can access the heater plate there by undoing the support bar and removing the heater and swapping it over from there.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.