Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

my 6032sc microwave oven grill works ok but microwave does

my 6032sc microwave oven grill works ok but microwave does not
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

KM6032 ~ OK there are basically (if you take the control panel out of the picture) a high voltage transformer, (very reliable) and diode (middling) and the thing that generates the energy called the magnetron. So what are the symptoms you have ie noises, sparks etc?

Customer:

no noises or sparks just not heating

Dales-Electronic :

Can you use an analogue multimeter?

Customer:

no I have not got one

Dales-Electronic :

OK this is a specialised repair operation not really for the diy~er which entails checking voltages up and around 3000 volts and having the required test equipment to check for microwave energy leakage. Other than checking the fuse(s) inside the case I would not recommend you trying to carry out this repair. From what I can see on the spare part suppliers websites you may struggle to get the parts you require even if you were able to find out what is wrong. Really you have two options, either get it into a repair company that does microwave repairs, you could try Miele but they would hammer you on labour, or you buy another combi ~ Would you now kindly rate my service info to you by using the smiley faces below, once done you can ask any further questions free of charge ~ Ian

Customer:

I appreciate your help I will take it to a microwave repair company thank you

Dales-Electronic :

You are most welcome if you could now rate my service I can close this job down on the system, you can come back anytime later for extra information once this is done ~ seasons greetings to you ~ Ian