Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hello there, Had a leak on the water inlet hose (Part No(###) ###-####

Hello there, Had a leak on the water inlet hose (Part No(###) ###-#### ***** my Electrolux washing machine so removed the hose from the supply tap, took apart the filter / stop flow valve assembly and the spring and magnet fell out. Re assembled correctly and fitted back on to the tap.
Now the machine won't fill and it appears that the "stop flow" valve on the inlet hose is not letting water through. No error code coming up on machine though?
The machine is fitted into the kitchen units so changing the hose will be a big rave so just wanted to know if you had any tips relating to the valve?
Thank You
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK this is a semi-automatic aqua stop not designed to be taken apart, it is not electrically connected to the appliance at all (as with a fully automatic) but fully self contained. To get yourself out of trouble bearing in mind we are close to Christmas buy a 2.5 blue water inlet hose from you local B&Q or independent appliance company and use that instead, it will cost you somewhere in the region of £5 much cheaper than the £48.22 quoted for a replacement. If you still want to replace it in the New Year come back on here and ping me, we have a few kicking around (if we are installing a new appliance with a long water supply these are too short ) and I will send you one down foc. If you would now kindly rate my advice to you using the smiley faces below I can shut the job down but you can ask further questions at no extra cost to you. ~ Ian