George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Belling induction induction cooker F/5 error. I have switched

Customer Question

Belling induction induction cooker F/5 error.
I have switched off the cooker checked the knobs are all off, but when I switch on the cooker it shows the normal 8 then it shows flashing F/5 error!
Do I need to replace the induction hob?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you supply the full Model number and Product code please

JACUSTOMER-b72ry1cf- :

Belling FSE60D0i

George-Allsorts :

OK thanks for that... Please allow me a little time to access the information for the appliance

George-Allsorts :

My apologies.. the network is currently down.. can you wait until tomorrow?

George-Allsorts :

Can you let me know the product code from the appliance please

JACUSTOMER-b72ry1cf- :

Yes no worries should add the fan starts then makes a much quieter noise when the error appears.

George-Allsorts :

F5 is a communication error according to the system... you should turn the controls to the off position and then the power off at the wall, wait for 5 minutes and then turn back on at the wall... If that does not clear the problem you will need to call an engineer out as you could have a control board issue

It is sometimes normal for a fan to run a fast test before assuming normal speed

George-Allsorts :

How old is the appliance in question please

George-Allsorts :

If you can get me the product code I can find out further information on the system inside the cooker

JACUSTOMER-b72ry1cf- :

All the details I have:

JACUSTOMER-b72ry1cf- :

Sorry pressed return too early. Model No: ********* Alternative: FSE60DOi Serial Number: 30931750 hope this helps.

George-Allsorts :

What is the first bit you typed.. I can't see it... Please re-type it and put it in brackets

JACUSTOMER-b72ry1cf- :

(Model Number: ********* off back of cooker)

JACUSTOMER-b72ry1cf- :

(Model Number previously used with Belling Support FSE60DOi)

George-Allsorts :

Still can't see it... try a # ***** it and leave out any spaces

JACUSTOMER-b72ry1cf- :

#ModelNo-off-back-444440916

George-Allsorts :

Hurrah... Thanks for that

JACUSTOMER-b72ry1cf- :

#Model-number-from-previous-small-spares-from-Belling-FSE60DOi

JACUSTOMER-b72ry1cf- :

#Serial-number-30931750

George-Allsorts :

Got it all now thanks.. I will try to access some extra info on the problem for you in the morning...

JACUSTOMER-b72ry1cf- :

#Chat-on-line-tomorrow

George-Allsorts :

OK.. have a good evening

George-Allsorts :

Just try this to ensure you aren't causing a Power Outage fault... Turn the controls on the cooker to the off position before turning off at the wall.. then wait 5 mins and turn on.

Let me know how you get on

JACUSTOMER-b72ry1cf- :

#Morning done all of those things hoping you have managed to get more information

George-Allsorts :

You need to check the power cables coming into the hob from the terminal block at the rear of the cooker for breakages within the cables or faulty connections...
Also.. You need to check the ribbon cables going from the hob to the small circuit board mounted on top of the oven cavity.

Once you have done this, you need to place the hob loosely back on top of the base and re-test the operation of the hob.

If you still have the same problem once you have done this, then the issue is either the small circuit board or the power board inside the hob unit.

George-Allsorts :

How old is the cooker and is it still under warranty?

JACUSTOMER-b72ry1cf- :

#George will give this a try now!

JACUSTOMER-b72ry1cf- :

Understand your line of thought it is not a ribbon there is a black cover over micro circuitry which once removed I should be able to check for faulty connections. Any idea how I get this off?

JACUSTOMER-b72ry1cf- :

#No worries got there!

JACUSTOMER-b72ry1cf- :

#thanks for the help and support, it is not a loose connection.

JACUSTOMER-b72ry1cf- :

#Going hunting on the Internet for a new induction hob

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Hi Peter, Sorry I wasn't here when you came back... Is it a hob you are looking for or a complete cooker... How old is the one that is faulty?