George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

A gas safe fitter is just altering our rangemaster DF professional

Customer Question

A gas safe fitter is just altering our rangemaster DF professional 100 to LPG. The control valve adjustment screws that should be screwed cw to the stop seem to have no stop, ie keep rotating, so he cannot even remove the screws. The flames are yellow, without defined points. Serial No ********** Can you advise what to do?
Thanks Tim. (Cooker is 4 yrs old).
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi How old is your rangemaster DF professional?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I gave you the age of the cooker in my original email query = 4 years old.

I got a set of 5 , I assume replacement, small jets that I think are the same as the existing jets(the ones that the handbook says should be screwed clockwise to the stop, but of course won't screw in or out!).

Regards Tim.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Regards ***** ***** so far; 5/10.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Tim, to be sure the screw just will turn in either direction but never fully seats or comes out?
Thank for your patience.
Tech Michael
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George.. Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you kindly give the full model number of this appliance which usually starts with one of the following

1 5 6 7 8 9 A R

followed by four or five numbers
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Tim I did some research on this one.
You may have a clip on the bottom of the jet that prevents the jet from moving out of place.

1 5 6 7 8 9 A R

followed by four or five numbers

LPG conversion is not available on some of the Rangemaster models and it is very dangerous to just assume that the parts will fit even if they look like the do.

If you can give me the information supplied, I can check for you