KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My Bosch WFR2860GB is stuck on wash. It goes past the predicted

Customer Question

My Bosch WFR2860GB is stuck on wash. It goes past the predicted end point of the cycle and just keeps washing. I have to turn it off & put it on rinse manually. However it doesn't then rinse but goes straight to softener being added so that I have to repeat this 5 or 6 times to get the washing rinsed. Any ideas?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, welcome to Just answer

Customer:

How old is it ?

Customer:

and does this happen on Cold wash as well or it will rinse during cold wash ?

JACUSTOMER-w8bbwq8r- :

It is 13 years old. I haven't tried it on cold wash but it does the same on easy care or cottons & linens at 40 degrees and also the 60 degree wash

Customer:

OK can you please try it on cold wash

Customer:

as it seems the heater element is bad and it is not heating water so not moving to rinse cycle

JACUSTOMER-w8bbwq8r- :

ok. I'll try it now

Customer:

ok please let me know how it goes

JACUSTOMER-w8bbwq8r- :

Thanks. I'll get back to you in about an hour.

Customer:

OK sure

JACUSTOMER-w8bbwq8r- :

Just to say though, even when I just put it on rinse it does not do the rinse cycle. It goes straight into adding water softener (the last rinse cycle) which I wouldn't have thought depended on the heater.

Customer:

OK lets see how it goes with cold wash

JACUSTOMER-w8bbwq8r- :

Have just put the cold wash on and it does seem to have gone into the rinse cycle ok. Do you think it needs a new element?

Customer:

Yes

Customer:

A new element will cost around £50 and you can check this Video if you want to replace it yourself..

Customer:

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

Customer:

still there ?

Customer:

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service ...Thanks

JACUSTOMER-w8bbwq8r- :

Sorry I thought you'd gone. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know if I need anything. I'll probably try to get a new element first.

Customer:

You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Day

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi I'm a bit confused. I came on to the website to rate your answer as excellent as I have now fixed my washing machine after your help but it says I have already rated your answer (which I hadn't). I hope it has picked up the correct rating because I was very happy with the service.

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

I wouldn't worry about it.. I posted the link to the cheaper elements purely to assist you, however the other expert Kevin did all the foot work..
The intention in placing the link as an Info Request was done so that you would rate him and not I .. and that is what you have done...

Thank you, George

No problem, let me know if you need any further help...Thank You