KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

HI, I HAVE AN ERROR CODE ER15 ON MY e-nr hb7r550b siemens

Customer Question

HI,
I HAVE AN ERROR CODE ER15 ON MY e-nr hb7r550b siemens OVEN. IT OCCURD WHILE USING THE GRILL I BELIEVE. I HAVE MANAGED TO CLEAR THE ERROR FROM THE SCREEN ONCE BUT IT CAME BACK WHEN USING IT THE NEXT TIME? CAN YOU ADVISE ME ON WHAT PART I NEED TO REPLACE SO THAT I HAVE A CHANCE OF COOKING MY CHRISTMAS TURKEY!!
KIND REGARDS JUSTIN.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, welcome to Just answer

Customer:

Er 15 is a overheat error

Customer:

If you have already tried to reset it and the problem is still there then it is time to replace the temperature sensor

JACUSTOMER-gtq685ok- :

I know that I was needing info on what parts . Thanks that would be the tc sensor would it ? there is also a temp limiter?

Customer:

I dont think it is the limiter however, replacing both might be good

Customer:

the sensor will cost around £50

JACUSTOMER-gtq685ok- :

is the part no 00423842.?

Customer:

Siemens HB76R550B/01 PTC Sensor
Full Size Image

Customer:

This is the part

Customer:

and yes that is correct part number

JACUSTOMER-gtq685ok- :

Thanks for the image it was most useful. can you assure me that just answer.ukappliance won't take £20 from me every month? I only really signed up for this appliance question.

Customer:

If you have signed for appliance question then you will not be charged every month ... you can contact customer support for more information about this

Customer:

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

JACUSTOMER-gtq685ok- :

Once the part is fitted does the error code cancel it`s self or will it need to be reset? if so please can you tell me the sequence to cancel the error many thanks

Customer:

it usually resets itself

JACUSTOMER-gtq685ok- :

Thanks very much you have been most helpful. possibly speak to you again in the future kind regards Just.in

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello again I have changed the part but error 15 is still showing, please can you advise on how to cancel the error code, thanks

Hello, to erase the code you will have to hold the timer and clock button ... simultaneously while holding those buttons rotate the oven selector switch towards the right from zero position. After this it will reset everything...once this is done turn the power off and then wait for around 5-10 minutes and turn it back on...Please let me know the result. If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance...Thanks