Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

a bulb blew on my h5911x cooker hood and now nothing works.

Customer Question

a bulb blew on my h5911x cooker hood and now nothing works. is there an internal fuse on this model and if so how do I replace it?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
Please remember these are technical issues and may require some back and forth conversation to sort this out.
How old is your range hood?
also have you checked the mains for a popped breaker?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi Michael the hood is about 6 years old and is "wired in" and no, the breaker is still in.

Bill

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Bill, Thanks.
This problem is the the main control board to fail. No fuse there I'm afraid.
Its pretty easy to replace and I will assist you.
The best place to get that would be Espares Phone: 0844 9777 888.
It is best to call them for this part (the main control board).
All you will need is the model # ***** your range hood.
They usually ship the same day you call;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Bill.
Tech Michael
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.

Bill,

Before you go off to purchase a new pcb be aware that there are two models of this hood, both have two pcbs. One is the button keyboard that houses the selector switches and the other is the power board that is located on top of the hood behind the chimney cover, you will need to access this board by removing the chimney cover - making sure the power is off - take off the cover to this board and check that the 3 amp fuse has not blown. If so replace the fuse (you may have to have a trip to your local repair shop to find a replacement fuse) and you should be good to go. ~ Ian

For future reference the model number is ***** H591ix not 1x

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi yes that is correct;-)
I will be here to help with the replacement;-)
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
There is a fuse on the board as Ian has suggested. This is usually a 3amp fuse which blows sometimes when a bulb blows, or whenever the motor becomes a little tight causing too much power to be drawn. The fuse can be replaced with a 5amp fuse if necessary.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian Just removed chimney (tiled after fitting ) and brilliant, the fuse had blown . New ones on the way @ £3 - 09 for pack of 10 from Maplins . This will give me time to modify the chimney ready for refit.

Many Thanks Bill

Glad we managed to get you sorted out, have a great Christmas and many thanks for the rating ~ Ian