George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Stoves Richmond electric range cooker. The induction is very

Customer Question

Stoves Richmond electric range cooker. The induction is very temperamental. If the oven get used, the induction control panel goes haywire and starts beeping. It becomes non responsive and won't work. When the oven is not in use, you can you the induction plates but if the temperature number is ***** higher than 7, it won't work.
Thanks,
Eddie
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello Eddie, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you tell me the full model number of the appliance... It will be on a sticker at the base of the oven orifice as you open the oven door

JACUSTOMER-pbpd9jnl- :

Hi George, It's a Stoves Richmond 900e Black/Chrome. Serial 71008518. Model No. 44444709

George-Allsorts :

Thanks for that.. it sounds like you are having either a power restriction problem or an overheating problem... Have you any way of testing your oven.. ie.. Multimeter and the capability of using it?

George-Allsorts :

Tehre is a digit missing from the end of the model number... can you re-check it please

JACUSTOMER-pbpd9jnl- :

Sorry George, just left for work. can I re check it later? I have no way of testing the oven. I live in Gibraltar and no one here has any idea of how to fix problems with the induction.

George-Allsorts :

Ok Eddie.. I'll wait until later for the model number but meanwhile I'll see what information I can source on the Belling style induction series

JACUSTOMER-pbpd9jnl- :

Hi George, just called home. The wife says the last digit is rubbed off and very hard to see. Be advised that the cooker is not belling?

George-Allsorts :

Stoves is a company... Belling, Flavel, and a few others are brand names and style.. Using the model numbers, we as technicians can see which style the product has been built in... Since your model starts with 44444 we are aware that it is a Belling style Stoves cooker

George-Allsorts :

I will have a look to see what appliances are available with the part model number and then pickout the induction ones from there... That should narrow it down some... I will come back to you later on today.

JACUSTOMER-pbpd9jnl- :

Ok, sorry not very familiar with electrics. Thanks will check my email later.

George-Allsorts :

Have a good day.. Chat to you later

JACUSTOMER-pbpd9jnl- :

Hi George, I checked the model no. and I think it is ********* It's worn out but i think thats it. At the moment the induction control panel makes a beep sound every minute. And every night I have to switch the cooker off at the wall switch because otherwise it start beeping in the middleof the night.

JACUSTOMER-pbpd9jnl- :

Hope this helps somewhat,

JACUSTOMER-pbpd9jnl- :

Eddie

JACUSTOMER-pbpd9jnl- :

Sorry i meant that it makes a beep sound every second not minute

George-Allsorts :

Hi Eddie, I can not see the model number you have left as it is starred out... Can you repost it, but put a # ***** of the number.

Can you also count the beeps before it makes a break... ie.. 8 beeps then a gap for 1 second then 8 beeps again etc.

JACUSTOMER-pbpd9jnl- :

Hi George, model number is #444447091 i think. As for the beeps, it depends it starts and stops without a pattern. Once it starts though it won't stop until we switch it off at the wall switch.

JACUSTOMER-pbpd9jnl- :

Eddie

George-Allsorts :

Eddie... can you confirm that this is an induction hob... and which parts of it are induction ... also, can you have a look on the rear of the appliance to see if there is model number there

JACUSTOMER-pbpd9jnl- :

George I am at work at the moment. Will get you the info later. Its is an electric Stoves Richmond 900e Blk/Chrome. The hob has the two elements on the right, these are normal, and the two on the laft are induction. It's the induction thats giving me the hassle. If you google the cooker you will see which one it is.

George-Allsorts :

Ok Eddie... Thanks for that... Come back to me when you finish work.. I want you to try something...

I'm going to send you an Additional Services Request just in case you wish to get my phone number to call me and discuss this whilst you are at home... If you don't want to accept this don't worry, just decline it

George-Allsorts :

I see the one that you have linked to is a 900e which is the wholey ceraimic version... is yours then the 900ei?

George-Allsorts :

*ceramic*

George-Allsorts :

I did check the model you gave me but it cannot be that model as that model is a duel fuel version...nevertheless, we can continue on the basis of what you have already said...

When you can get to the cooker, can you turn the power on at the hob and tell me if the cooling fan it running

JACUSTOMER-pbpd9jnl- :

Morning George,

JACUSTOMER-pbpd9jnl- :

The link was just so that you could see what it lookslike

JACUSTOMER-pbpd9jnl- :

It is an electric one with the two left hob element induction

George-Allsorts :

Can you turn the power on at the hob and tell me if the cooling fan it running at the back

JACUSTOMER-pbpd9jnl- :

yes standby...

JACUSTOMER-pbpd9jnl- :

Ok i've pulled the cooker out and the model number is ***** *********

JACUSTOMER-pbpd9jnl- :

How do I turn on the hob? Do you mean the oven?

JACUSTOMER-pbpd9jnl- :

I have just switched on one of the ovens on the left and the fan started working. before this though the induction contols started making the beep sound constantly every second. Then I pressed the on/off touch sensative button on the induction control panel and the beep has now increased to 2 beeps per second. Any ideas?

JACUSTOMER-pbpd9jnl- :

And I can confirm that the Model number is ***** label also says Serial number 71008518. And the description says it a Stoves Richmond 900E Black/Chrome. There is nothing about Ei although it has two induction elements in the hob

JACUSTOMER-pbpd9jnl- :

I am off for lunch. Let me know what you think and I'll check later.

George-Allsorts :

Model number is ***** what? Pleae put a # ***** the numbers

George-Allsorts :

Eddie.. I am told from the manufacturers that you have a #444447093 is that correct?

JACUSTOMER-pbpd9jnl- :

Yes that's it

George-Allsorts :

OK.. The fault is with the Touch Control PCB.. I'm currently trying to find the part number and price for you

JACUSTOMER-pbpd9jnl- :

OK thanks

George-Allsorts :

Hi Eddie, according to Stoves, the part number you need is###-##-####/p>

JACUSTOMER-pbpd9jnl- :

Hi George, were can i get this part?

George-Allsorts :

Hi Eddie.. You can purchase the part through many appliance agents.. I can have a look around and send you a link to a sales page.. I'll try find it for you tomorrow

George-Allsorts :

Hopefully, I now deserve a half decent rating :)

JACUSTOMER-pbpd9jnl- :

Don't worry George, I will look for it on the internet. Thanks for your help

George-Allsorts :

Careful .. The price will vary dramatically .. I can try get you a trade price

JACUSTOMER-pbpd9jnl- :

Yeap thanks. And I hope that the part does the trick. I just found it online and it cost over £100

George-Allsorts :

Just looked at one site and can get it for £86.. This is without contacting my trade suppliers

JACUSTOMER-pbpd9jnl- :

Ok...

George-Allsorts :

Can you now take a little time to rate my help so far

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi George, I rated your service and our conversation ended. I would appreciate if you could find me the spare part at your trade price.

Eddie

Hi Eddie.. don't worry, thatis normal.. I will shout you tomorrow once I have done some searches and phone calls

And thank you for the excellent rating
Hi Eddie, I have just received this from one of my suppliers:

"Hi George, I have checked with my technical team and the part will be added to the website overnight and the cost will be £77.69"

That is the cheapest I could find

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi George, That's better than what I could find. Can you please send me the link so that I can buy it?

Eddie

I'll check the link tomorrow.. and the discount cose.. and let you know as soon as they give it to me
Hi Eddie,. They have added the part to the database but not given me a link for you to purchase it yet.. I will come back to you as soon as the do..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK George,

Thank you for your help.

Merry Christmas to you and yours,

Eddie

Thanks Eddie, Have a good Christmas
Hi Eddie, I have just heard from the suppliers; they have appologised for the issue with the buying page and are looking into the fault.. as soon as they sort the problem I can send you the link..

regards
George
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK George thanks.

Regards,

Eddie

OK Eddie.. I now have the link... apparently none of the companies have this in stock so you may have to wait a short while for them to send it once bought, but , this is the cheapest.. and further discount can be got by using the code: id1975

Glen Dimplex PCB Touch Control for Model###-##-####br/>

DISCOUNT
When you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code __ id1975 __ to get a discount
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

George, thank you very much for your help. I really hope this works.

Regards, Eddie

Have you placed an order fr it then Eddie?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not yet George, tried yesterday but when I put the discount code the price for some reason went up. Plus it wants to charge me £25 for delivery to Gibraltar. I will try again in a little while and let you know.

Eddie.

OK.. Might be better to wait until Tuesday and ring them then