KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Hello I have an e13 code on a bosch washer dryer

Customer Question

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, welcome to Just answer

Customer:

Please tell me its complete model number and how old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-jofb0ppl- : Bosch wvti2840gb/04 not sure how old would guess at 4 years, pump taken off, it's clear of all debris, hoses reconnected, all clear. It's a washer dryer and just turned it on and it's beeping with an e13 code.
JACUSTOMER-jofb0ppl- : I had bought it from eBay, so I suspect the PG-13 code was on it when it was sold is there any way to reset and start the machine again Thanks
Customer:

OK and have you already tried to reset it by pressing and holding the START button for few seconds ?

JACUSTOMER-jofb0ppl- : Yes. That reset it just fine, then it starts to operate but the code e13 comes up again and it beeps. ThAnks
Customer:

OK, E 13 is a long drain error caused due to a blocked drain pump...as you have already cleaned the drain pump completely then please check the pressure switch

Customer:

to check the pressure switch remove the top of the washer and locate the pressure switch which has a thin hose attached to it

Customer:

just clean that hose and blow through it also give small taps with back of screw driver on the pressure switch

JACUSTOMER-jofb0ppl- : Ok will try that now
Customer:

let me know how it goes

Customer:

Did that work ?

JACUSTOMER-jofb0ppl- : No, it didn't. Should the pressure switch be off? I.e low pressure. That's seemed to be the case. The pump starts to turn and then about 30secs later the e13 code comes on
Customer:

OK the problem is the pump that will need replacement

Customer:

a new will cost around £90

Customer:

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

JACUSTOMER-jofb0ppl- : No that's great thank you!
Customer:

You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Great Weekend

Customer:

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks