Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

baumatic oven - how do i connect the wiring into the casing?

Customer Question

baumatic oven - how do i connect the wiring into the casing? there appear to be no entry holes for the wires and the screws dont tighten or loosen. what are the two small gold plates inserted into the casing? thanks
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Is this a new oven and you want to install the mains wiring?
Can you tell me the model number please?
Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes its a brand new oven, replacing like for like but can't seem to connect the wiring into the oven , i.e. live neutral and earth. there are two small gold-coloured clips in the casing (which i took out) and the screws just turn around without tightening or loosening. model is BO7966SS.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Joe

Im assuming you have the manual?
There is a cover at the rear which must be removed to allow access to the terminal block
Have you seen this cover and removed it?
Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the manual doesnt show how to connect. the terminal block is open.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Joe

So the problem is actually at the terminal block?

Can you upload a picture so I can see the problem?
Use the paper clip icon
Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Thanks
Ok the wiring goes into the holes in the side which are created when you undo the screws

The brass links must be kept as per the digram in the booklet
This is dependent on the market its sold to and if its single or three phase

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob