George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have an old Neff oven - the fan works, the grill element

I have an old Neff oven - the fan works, the grill element works when set to grill only but in oven mode, there is no heat, only the fan. The model is NEFF B1120W1GB/01.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Thank you for posting the information about the fault and including the model number so professionally..

When you turn the oven on and choose a temperature.. does the indicator light come on?

JACUSTOMER-css6t09b- :

yes, there's the usual thermostat click to tell you what the temperature is.

George-Allsorts :

Then the problem you have is that the cooking element or 'Heater Ring' is faulty and requires replacement...

Here is a link to the original on the Neff website, Heater-ring 00083517

JACUSTOMER-css6t09b- :

Where is the heater ring situated?

George-Allsorts :

If you open the oven, take away the shelves, there is a panel behind through which you can see the fan... the element is behind that panel and is surrounding the fan...

MAKE SURE YOU DISCONNECT POWER AT THE ISOLATION SWITCH BEFORE REMOVING THE PANEL.

JACUSTOMER-css6t09b- :

OK Thanks, ***** *****

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you George, all fixed and I rated you excellent.

Thank you Peter, have a Happy New Year