Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hi, I owe WT46W566GB/6 model of tumble dryer which is a condense

Customer Question

I owe WT46W566GB/6 model of tumble dryer which is a condense dryer, however, when it arrived it came with a drain hose.
I would like to connect the dryer to a drain system, but not sure that my model can do it, because i can not find any tubes at the back.
Could you please advise me if I can reconnect my model to a draining or I am stuck with condenser.
Thank you in advance,
*****@******.***
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Yes you can ~ if you have got the correct drain hose kit 00284849 it comes with instructions and the jointing piece that allows you to connect this pipe to the back of the dryer and then into the drain outlet ~ I hope that has helped you, would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below, once done you can ask any further questions you wish on a free of charge basis. ~~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-3e7ne383- :

Ian,

JACUSTOMER-3e7ne383- :

the part you are referring to is for bosch models, mine is siemens. Also, there are no outlets at the back....

Dales-Electronic :

Yes but that part is also supplied for some Siemens models too However on further investigation it is confirmed that the manufacturer does not supply a pipe for automatic draining of condensate for Your model. The reason it would seem is that over a period of time this drain pipe could clog up with fluff and reduce the efficiency of the heat pump drying operation. The spec for your model indicates that the condensate water is used to clean the condenser fins as a self cleaning function and that this is why there is no 'exhaust water pipe' Hope that information has been of use ~ would you now kindly rate my service once this is done further questions can be asked on a free of charge basis ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Had you bought a conventional condenser dryer (ie not heat pump) then the auto drain facility could have been used as these don't use condensate water condenser cleaning.

Dales-Electronic :

Can I be of further help to you in this matter?