KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Hi, I have an Ecobubble washing machine (8kg digital inverter).

Hi, I have an Ecobubble washing machine (8kg digital inverter). there seems to be a problem with the spin - the water drains and it tries to spin but doesn't get up to speed. it then gets stuck in this cycle where the machine is constantly draining but doesn't spin properly. it doesn't get beyond this point so I have to switch the machine off (have left it doing this for about half an hour). I have checked the troubleshooting guide and have checked the debris filter (which is clean) and checked both the water and drainage hoses. i have turned it on and off and run a rinse/spin cycle and tried a short wash programme. I have also run a smart check through the app but it says there are no issues. don't know what else to do now, any suggestions please?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

Customer:

hi, here it is:

WF80F5E5U4W

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, do you hear any different sounds as well when it spins ?

Customer:

no nothing unusual. it sounds as it should when it drains ready to spin. it just doesn't get up to speed.

Customer:

when i have put it on the 1400 spin cycle it should take about 12 mins it goes down to 9 mins then just sticks there. it keeps going and doesn't stop

KevinWhiteJA :

OK

KevinWhiteJA :

and the drain pump works fine

KevinWhiteJA :

I mean you have tried to completely clean the drain pump assembly and you are sure nothing is stuck in there ?

Customer:

nope nothing stuck. everything is clear.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, as it drains fine it is more likely the motor that is not working properly

KevinWhiteJA :

looking at the age of this unit it is more likely carbon brushes for the washer

KevinWhiteJA :

as the drain pump is completely cleaned and there is nothing stuck so you will have to replace the carbon brushes

Customer:

ok, i'll have to get someone out then. thanks for your help

KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

Customer:

thanks Kevin
no I think that's it.

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Evening