Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

my Beko Fridge Freezer has stopped working. Cool 64 FDS. There

Customer Question

my Beko Fridge Freezer has stopped working. Cool 64 FDS. There is power to the fridge as the light comes on, but everything melting. Usually hear a noise like a normal refrigeration unit, but not making any noise.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Could you give me the model number that is on the sticker inside the fridge compartment on the side wall ~ thanks

JACUSTOMER-u1j6zd29- :

Hi Ian.

JACUSTOMER-u1j6zd29- : (###) ###-####/p>
Dales-Electronic :

OK that's the product code, see if I can get it from there, two mins please

JACUSTOMER-u1j6zd29- :

this it says is the serial number ********* /p>

Dales-Electronic :

OK I have got it, can you get around the back of the appliance and put your hand on the black compressor at the botton middle and tell me is it hot or cold and which refrigerant it uses, this will be on the label stuck to the compressor will be R134a or R600a

JACUSTOMER-u1j6zd29- :

It's cold, R600a

Dales-Electronic :

OK let me explain how it works and then you can decide what you want to do. Your appliance is controlled by a power board that is located behind the top cover at the back middle and covered by a plastic cover. Temperature control is by means of an electronic thermostat which sits in the lamp housing. When you get a failure of this sort it is usually the power board that has gone, although it can be the electronic thermostat so I usually suggest that people buy them both changing the power board first and then if that doesn't work the associated thermostat. What you are going to have to do in the short term is get you food stored somewhere else, I can give you a place to order your bits from and with luck if you get your skates on you will be able to get the parts by Tuesday

JACUSTOMER-u1j6zd29- :

OK, thanks, ***** ***** like a new freezer for me.

Dales-Electronic :

OK sorry to be the supplier of bad new just before Christmas, would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below. Once done if you decide to repair it after the holidays you can come back on here and I will talk you through it, cost of the repair is only about £50 ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Why have you given me a poor rating, I explained to you what was the problem, remember this is not about you being unhappy with the result it is to do with the information I gave you which is totally correct. Every poor rating reflects on my ability to supply you with correct information not how you decide to deal with it ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Your rating indicates poor service ~ how do you come to that decision ?