Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Broken door hinge on Kenwood CK704

Customer Question

Broken door hinge on Kenwood CK704
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Give me your telephone number preceded by a # ***** I will talk you through this ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-oqrvk5qd- :

Hi Ian, after cleaning the oven the small oven right hand hinge has changed position. When the door is open fully there are latches to keep the door in position the RH hinge latch was engaged and I tried to close the door which pushed it backwards.The problem is I can't see how to reposition it.

Dales-Electronic :

If you give me your phone number I will talk you through it, it will save a lot of typing

JACUSTOMER-oqrvk5qd- :

Phone number is ***** 302 484

Dales-Electronic :

How did you get on?

JACUSTOMER-oqrvk5qd- :

Ian, I did as you suggested ie. removed the top panel of the hob and then the side panel which exposed the hinge assembly. This was pretty much a waste of time as I repositioned the lever from the front using a pair of pliers and it was unnecessary to remove these panels. As a result I don't quite know how to rate your advice as it certainly was not 'expert'. Any ideas?

Dales-Electronic :

As You will recall during our conversation I asked you if the lever was locked back and You assured me that it was the runner block within the oven front that was causing you problems and that the door assembly was OK. Had You told me correctly that the lever was not latched we could have gone through this and saved You all this aggro. I can only advise on what You tell me as I cant see the situation. If however you don't wish to pay then just leave the post open and it will be closed down by management as being unresolved. You have to understand that you are the eyes, ears, smell and touch that we as engineers use to resolve your problems, if you omit or advise incorrectly when asked then likely you get the result as features here. I have worked on these products for 25+ years but I cant make you a competent appliance engineer over the phone ~ Regards ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-oqrvk5qd- :

Hi Ian, as you will see from my initial fault description above, I had said that

JACUSTOMER-oqrvk5qd- :

ian, if you read the original fault description above, you will note that I said that the hinge assembly had been pushed back and I didn't know how to reposition it. This is a very simple operation and should have been recognised by someone of your experience from my description. I have over 50 years experience working with complex mechanical and electrical equipment so I am not your regular DIY person. I do not wish to mark you because I believe that your intent was good, however the execution was not quite there. Regards Bill

Dales-Electronic :

I guess neither of us did very well ~ seasons greetings from JA