George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Toshiba RdXV60 everything is fine on recording and

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba RdXV60 everything is fine on recording and dvd playing etc, but when we try to play a vhs tape it plays just for a few seconds and then cuts out and the machine turns itself off completely, we've tried various tapes shop bought self recorded old and new so we know its not the tension as they play ok in other machines, any idea what the problem might be?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

George-Allsorts :

Can you tell me how long you have had the system and how often it is used

JACUSTOMER-t2rkv2gb- :

had it just under 2 years is used weekly more or less

George-Allsorts :

The problem you have is indicative of a clutch problem.. When the clutch starts to slip, it is detected by the system and the system then shuts down to protect itself

JACUSTOMER-t2rkv2gb- :

will check that out and get back to you later

George-Allsorts :

Ok ... Please take a moment to rate my assistance.. Please use the smiley faces to do this.

JACUSTOMER-t2rkv2gb- :

certainly will do when I've checked if your suggestion, may need more advice if if isn't the clutch

George-Allsorts :

Ok, thanks