Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hello I have a Bosch AHS 65-34 hedge trimmer. Just got it

Customer Question

Hello I have a Bosch AHS 65-34 hedge trimmer. Just got it out. Doesnt work. Replaced the fuse, tried in different power sockets. No luck. About a year old. Any suggestions?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

OK have you a means of checking if you have power getting to the trimmer, ie is it like mine with a short connector coming out of the trimmer that locks into an extension cable?

JACUSTOMER-rutftjeg- :

No cable goes from the manufacturers plug into the machine. It appears completely dead.

Dales-Electronic :

Have you/or are you able to get hodl

Dales-Electronic :

hold of a multimeter and if so can you use one?

JACUSTOMER-rutftjeg- :

No and no I'm afarid.

Dales-Electronic :

OK well without some basic form of test equipment to confirm that you have mains power to the trimmer you are up a gum tree. If you had one we could check the supply, switches and motor but without it we are just guessing. If the fuse you put in and the cables/plug is OK then the fault is within the trimmer itself. At this point you have to decide whether to buy new or take the broken one back to a repair shop ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-rutftjeg- :

ok thanks anyway.

JACUSTOMER-rutftjeg- :

i'm not going to be charged for this am I?

Dales-Electronic :

Why have you rated my service as poor, whilst I appreciate that this was not the answer you wanted the information was accurate and were you able to carry out the electrical tests we could have repaired the trimmer. The rating is to do with the information given by me not the fact that you were unable to repair the product.~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-rutftjeg- :

no service was fine just dont think I should pay £20 if the problem cant be sorted out.

Dales-Electronic :

The problem could have been sorted out but you dont have the necessary expertise to do it. Whilst I appreciate your point about the £20 this is not what the rating system is about. Each expert on this site gets rated on their profile by the number of satisfied customers they deal with. We have no connection to the payment system. If you need to discuss the money paid kindly contact '[email protected] who will look into it for you. My rating however is completely different from the payment ~ Ian