Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Caple C861i induction hob that will not turn on. The

I have a Caple C861i induction hob that will not turn on. The lock button still works but none of the others do anything on most occasions but will work intermittently. I have tried turning the power off and leaving it for a while but this does not change anything. I am wondering whether replacing the keyboard PCB will solve the issue.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

On the occasions the hob actually turns on does it work as normal?

Have you removed the hob yet to check for any bad connections on the touch control board?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel

When it does turn on it does work as normal. I haven't removed the hob yet to check the connections.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok in this case it certainly does sound link its the keyboard pcb at fault. Now as you may have seen theres another power power board in there which could also be the fault. But as you say its not comming on then i say the touch control board is 8 times out of 10 the fault when you get this problem.

But one thing you can try is remove the hob and take the glass top off and from there you will see the touch control board. Take it out and give the glass on the under side a good wipe and dry it off. Then remove the wiring plugs and give the ends a gentel squees and refit them as sometimes you can get a poor connection on the plug which could also cause this.

But if its still the same after this then i would replace the touch pcb and that should cure the fault. But as i said there is a chance it could be the main power board but as theres no way of teseting the for faults like this its a case of replacing the board to see.