George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My zanussi dual sense condensing dryer ZDC47200W is not drying

My zanussi dual sense condensing dryer ZDC47200W is not drying clothes they are warm but it's not filling the condense water bottle, I believe it might be the drying sensor at fault as the heater is working but not for long enough the clothes are still very damp .
Am I correct is this an easy fix
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you supply the product code for me.. Put a # ***** of it so that I can see it

George-Allsorts :

Can you also check the heat setting you are using is set to high rather than low

Customer: Zdc47200w. It is high
George-Allsorts :

The product code starts with a 916 and is normally 11 digits long... it should be inside the door space

Customer: Sorry I'm in England the appliance is in Ireland if your an expert then the model number should be enough
George-Allsorts :

The model you have given is the same model number given to four models which all have different product codes...

Is this a new version or an older version??? 2011 or 2013??? Therein lies the expertise

Customer: 2011
George-Allsorts :

Thanks for that .. That has narrowed it down a little... One moment which I check the diffeernces between the other 3 models of that year

Customer: If you type in Zanussi ZDC47200W dual sense condensing dryer on the www it takes you straight to my washer ? No other model or year !
George-Allsorts :

Can you possibly tell me from memory, does your model have a row of 2, 3, or 5 buttons horizontally on the control panel?

George-Allsorts :

If you can understand... There are four models of this... inside each model there are differences that will affect the way each version operates.. I am trying to find out which version you have so that I can determine what is going on inside your appliance... Please remember, I am working blind here.. You are effectively, my eyes, my ears, and my hands..

Customer: Here are three buttons ********* 00
George-Allsorts :

OK thanks.. one moment please

Customer: Sorry I am too my wife is screaming at me down the phone
George-Allsorts :

Zanussi91609454700 20110406 ZDC47200W
George-Allsorts :

Yes.. Beleive me, I do know what you mean... Please hold on whilst I access the service information for your appliance

George-Allsorts :

Can you ask your wife to pull down the panel at the bottom of the dryer and take out the condensor (large metal thing) to see of it is clear... If not, can you ask her to clear any fluff from it so that air can circulate

Customer: Yes it's clean I did it yesterday it was dirty but still not drying properly
George-Allsorts :

Yours is the version with the lower water tank, is that correct?

Customer: yes
George-Allsorts :

OK thanks

George-Allsorts :

I have just looked at the parts and system information for your appliance... There are a couple of things that could be the cause..

Firstly, as you have suggested it could be a sensor, if this is the case then the sensor is not detecting that the washing is still damp and therefore not putting the heater on

Secondly, the length of time selected, not enough time for the washing to dry

Third, defective heater, not working on full power

Fourth, a condenser blockage (You say you cleaned the condensor, so discount this one)

Fifth, a system blockage, water is not getting to the tank because of a blockage of the drain hole behind the condenser

Customer: Are still there ?
George-Allsorts :

George-Allsorts :

Likely hood... number 5

George-Allsorts :

Or even.. too much washing in at once.. a very common fault

Customer: ok thanks I won't ask the wife to check as it will be in bits when I get home
George-Allsorts :

I am going to post you a simple diagram of the way the system works on your version

George-Allsorts :

one moment

George-Allsorts :

91609454700

Full Size Image

George-Allsorts :

Can you see that?

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair