George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Bosch BSG6 vacuum cleaner - has clean filters. It is making

Bosch BSG6 vacuum cleaner - has clean filters. It is making a strange cracking noise and getting a hot smell from it - any bright ideas as to the cause?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

The vacuum will have an ENr or product number, and an FD on it.. can you let me know what they are please

Customer:

ENr no.: BSG62400GB/03

Customer:

FD 8803

George-Allsorts :

Thanks for that... One moment please whilst I check the specifics of your model

George-Allsorts :

I know you have already said that you have changed the filters... have you changed both filters for new ones and changed the bag too?

It is a 2008 model .. and by the sound of what you have described, the motor is worn.. The part number for the 'GEBLAESE 1BA4418-6SK Ba+A' motor is 00654196 and is available at Bosch .. However, if you take out the motor, it may just be necessary to change the motor brushes