George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Flavel Aspen 100 AP10FRS fan oven on light, internal light

Customer Question

Flavel Aspen 100 AP10FRS fan oven on light, internal light and fan not working and not heating up. Grill works as does conventional oven. Clock is set to correct time.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you describe the fault to me again as your description is vague... Also, can you give me the model number from the label on the surround of the oven

JACUSTOMER-d6xog224- : flavel aspen 100 ap10frs. Conventional oven works ok but no on light when turning on fan oven (left hand side oven). Fan also not working or element heating up. Grill which is also on left hand side still works.
JACUSTOMER-d6xog224- : My name is ***** ***** the way. Hi George.
George-Allsorts :

Ok.. Thank you ... The model number though, should start something alike to 776 or 444.

George-Allsorts :

Thanks Steven

JACUSTOMER-d6xog224- : Only model number I can see on back is AP10FRS
George-Allsorts :

This is on the sticker below the oven opening

George-Allsorts :

at the bottom of the oven

JACUSTOMER-d6xog224- : How does ********** 09 100297 sound?
George-Allsorts :

Can you type the first part again and place a # ***** of it so that I can see it

JACUSTOMER-d6xog224- : #7719986344
George-Allsorts :

Brilliant... that is it... One moment please Steven

George-Allsorts :

Ok.. you may want to write this somewhere ( AP10FRSMIX(###) ###-#### )

George-Allsorts :

That is your model

JACUSTOMER-d6xog224- : Cheers ***** ***** make a note of it.
George-Allsorts :

Is the conventional oven on the same switch as the fan oven?

JACUSTOMER-d6xog224- : Do you mean wall switch?
George-Allsorts :

Selector Swich/Knob

George-Allsorts :

Do you use the same knob for one oven as you do for the other?

JACUSTOMER-d6xog224- : The fan oven has its own knob on the left hand side whereas conventional oven switch is on the right.
George-Allsorts :

Yes, I thought so...

Since niether the fan, nor the element are working, it indicates that either the selector switch or the thermal cutout are at fault...

Are you able to use a multimeter Steven?

JACUSTOMER-d6xog224- : I have one lying around somewhere . I'll see if I can find it.
JACUSTOMER-d6xog224- : Found it
George-Allsorts :

OKi doki... Is the range pulled out?

George-Allsorts :

Be careful if it has a gas hob

JACUSTOMER-d6xog224- : Yep
George-Allsorts :

Ok.. is your cooker rear in one or two parts

JACUSTOMER-d6xog224- : two
George-Allsorts :

OK remove the right side..

George-Allsorts :

Try to remember where you are removing things from, and take pictures if need be

JACUSTOMER-d6xog224- : Ok to leave power on?
George-Allsorts :

No...

George-Allsorts :

Sorry, I should have said Switch Off at mains and Be careful if it has a gas hob

JACUSTOMER-d6xog224- : Have removed rear bottom section and can see back of fan motor etc
George-Allsorts :

OK.. we are going to check a few things

George-Allsorts :

Multimeter on continuity

JACUSTOMER-d6xog224- : That's setting for checking circuits right!
George-Allsorts :

on the right side there should be a thermal cut-out... can you see it

George-Allsorts :

yes

JACUSTOMER-d6xog224- : Yep got it
George-Allsorts :

half way up... it is round and has a wire at one side and the other side

George-Allsorts :

disconnect one of the wires

JACUSTOMER-d6xog224- : Ok
George-Allsorts :

using the continuity setting .. test each end to see if this has a contiuity flow

George-Allsorts :

That should read test end to end

JACUSTOMER-d6xog224- : Touching both terminals on switch and no flow
George-Allsorts :

Problem found

George-Allsorts :

Unscrew it

JACUSTOMER-d6xog224- : Done and remived
George-Allsorts :

Phone me .. #07787182156

George-Allsorts :

Excellent job.. all up and running again for xmas... Remember to replace the part... Let me know if you need me to get you part numbers or the actual part for you

George-Allsorts :

Please take a moment to rate my assistance.. Please use the smiley faces to do this.

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Ok that is done... Use this link if you need to respond to me Steven