KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My LG has sound but no picture can you assist

Customer Question

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, welcome to Just answer

Customer:

Please tell me its complete model number

Customer:

and how old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-qwb2tlto- : 19LS4D about 5 years. It might just be brightness but I can't find buttono
Customer:

OK

Customer:

what all is connected to the unit ?

Customer:

and is it same regardless of which Device you are watching ?

JACUSTOMER-qwb2tlto- : It's only the TV and the
JACUSTOMER-qwb2tlto- : cable goes into the wall. No video or anything,. It was fine earlier today which makes me think I may have pressed some buttons when I came home
Customer:

OK, press the TV button and Input button to check and select correct input let me know how it goes

JACUSTOMER-qwb2tlto- : Nothing happens when I pressed tv and input. Screen remains black. Sound is still on
Customer:

If you press MENU on TV does the Menu appear on the screen ?

JACUSTOMER-qwb2tlto- : No
Customer:

OK, are you willing to repair this yourself ?

JACUSTOMER-qwb2tlto- : If possible
Customer:

This usually happens when the set is cold...after a while it gets warm it might show the picture again, the problem is either with the power supply or the main board...after leaving the unit unplugged for few hours, you will have to take the back off and check the power supply board...the cost of repair will be around £140 all inclusive

JACUSTOMER-qwb2tlto- : Ok I don't think I'll bother . The TV is not worth that. I'll get another. Thanks
Customer:

OK, You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

JACUSTOMER-qwb2tlto- : No thanks
Customer:

You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Evening

Customer:

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service ...Thanks