canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

Hi there - my Samsung eco bubble washing machine door does

Hi there - my Samsung eco bubble washing machine door does not unlock. I therefore cannot open the door. how do I resolve this please?
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. If you unplug the power for 30 seconds and then plug it back in does it briefly unlock then? You should hear a click shortly after you plug it back in. The lock will remain locked sometimes if the filter is blocked so once it does open you will want to clean the filter really well.

Customer:

Hi there! Thank you for coming back to me.

Customer:

How do I find the power supply ?

canuck the pro :

If you cannot reach the plug to unplug it from the wall then you can always turn the power off in the power panel for your home.

canuck the pro :

If you have a separate power switch in the laundry that will work also. Let me know if this solves the issue. If not we will move on to the next thing, ok?

Customer:

Hi again. I tried that. I switched it off and then back on after 1 min. However, the door remains locked upon turning back on

Customer:

(I turned off the power panel on the wall of my kitchen)

canuck the pro :

Alright. The next thing we will want to do is remove the drain hose from the drain connection and lower it while directing the end to a bucket. If there is still some water not draining out then the door will not unlock. It still may be a blockage in the filter or drain hose. Once the door is open we can address that.

Customer:

ok... that sounds super complicated

Customer:

Is this something that i can easily accomplish or would i need to call a technician?

canuck the pro :

Nah. No big deal at all. Might as well start with the easy stuff, eh? Just need a little muscle to pull the machine away from the wall a bit to access the drain connection. You will see the hose that comes out of the back of the machine and it goes to the drain. It may not even have a connector, it may just be stuck in the drain.

canuck the pro :

The difficulty level totally depends on the size of your laundry area. The drain may just have a bend in the end of it that is hooked into the drain and may only be a matter of taking it out of the drain. Just be aware that as soon as you lower the hose end below the drain connection, water may start coming out so have a small bucket ready. If the bucket gets full just put the drain hose back in the drain while you empty it.

Customer:

Hey there! The machine is actually super heavy for me :(

canuck the pro :

No getting behind it without moving it, eh?

Customer:

However, I did put a short spin cycle, followed by a power on/off again, and the lock started blinking

Customer:

I think I may need to call a specialist in :(

Customer:

Yeah I cannot move it... it is very very heavy

canuck the pro :

What if you push the door in firmly? Maybe it is just sticking. Do you hear any clicking like it is trying to unlock?

Customer:

No I don't

Customer:

the machine washes etc but just does not allow me to open the door...

canuck the pro :

I think that it may be more than just a blocked filter. The lock mechanism may be failing. Sometimes the lock will get stuck or the contact will wear. How old is the machine? Samsung has very good customer service. Do you think it may be still under warranty?

Customer:

Hmmm. You know I opened the emergency drain pipe in the front

Customer:

and then put it back in

Customer:

and shut off and on

Customer:

and this has resolved the problem

Customer:

I found it in the manual

Customer:

Thanks so much for trying though !

Customer:

:)

canuck the pro :

Great! Looks like the drain is blocked.

Customer:

Ya?

Customer:

So there is still something more to do?

canuck the pro :

I would run a cycle on just hot with nothing in it and see if that will push the blockage out. It may be just a partial blockage and also the filter is clear. If you find that the filter is dirty that would be the cause of it there.

Customer:

Okay... I will try all of those things

Customer:

Not great to have this right before Christmas

Customer:

Thanks!

canuck the pro :

You are very welcome.

canuck the pro :

Better to have the machine working now to wash your Santa clothes! Happy Holidays!

canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience: Plumber