George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hi, My Bosch Classixx dishwasher seems to drain but doesn't

Customer Question

Hi, My Bosch Classixx dishwasher seems to drain but doesn't seem to get to the point of filling. Drain pump clear and rotates. Back flow valve is clear. If I introduce water into machine physically, some water does get pumped around (plates get wet) but pump sound continues. Detergent is never dispensed. I would have thought that if machine thought it was not empty, it would not fill but main pump would never operate.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you give me the ENr from the metal part at the top of the door...

Then can you try explain a little clearer what the problem is... ie.. Pump running all the time

JACUSTOMER-yjqsaqkt- :

ENr SRS43C02GB/20

George-Allsorts :

Thanks for that...

Is the pump running all the time?

George-Allsorts :

Can you also provide me with the FD which you will find in the same place

JACUSTOMER-yjqsaqkt- :

A pump runs constantly. This model has 4 buttons - Pre-Rinse, 35Deg, 50Deg & 65Deg.

JACUSTOMER-yjqsaqkt- :

I can reset by pressing 2 of them and machine displays "End". A pump still runs!

George-Allsorts :

George-Allsorts :

as the enr

JACUSTOMER-yjqsaqkt- :

FD8311. This machine had a free retrofit a couple of years ago. At the time, the machine would not heat up. I was temporarily filling with hot water. retrofit cured it. I had NOT asked for help!

George-Allsorts :

Ok.. that is what I was looking for...

Can you pull the appliance out and tip it backwards to see if any water comes out from the base

JACUSTOMER-yjqsaqkt- :

Please explain. I I put water inside machine and switch on, I can hear the water pumping out near the sink. Definitely pumps out. I may have difficulty tipping machine up right now. After midnight! I cannot recall where to turn off water!

George-Allsorts :

OK.. The machine needs to be pulled out.. You need to tilt it backwards on a 45 deg angle to see if any water runs from the back of the appliance...

What I presume has taken place is that the anti-flood system has been triggered by a leak into the base... this switches on the pump to try pump out any water.. but because the water is in the base it can not do this.. Therefore, the pump runs permanently

George-Allsorts :

I hope that helped you understand what is going on...

JACUSTOMER-yjqsaqkt- :

You mean that water is BELOW the visible inside of the machine? Is that area watertight?

George-Allsorts :

Yes, underneath the water-tank that you put the dishes in to... It is watertight thereunder until you tilt the appliance... There is an ant-flood system underneath there too... I presume this is what has been triggered... Alternatively the PCB is defunked... but I would certainly post my bets on the anti-flood system

Please take a moment to rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. 5 smiley faces is best for me.
Once rated, I will assist you further with the fault.
This will initially close our chat but we can still re-open and continue our chat.

JACUSTOMER-yjqsaqkt- :

I assume that you are in the US. What you say makes sense. I think I will have difficulty getting machine out at this late hour. I will happily rate you so far but can we resume tomorrow? What time? Incidentally, drain hose is about 8 feet and is made up of 2 extending hoses. A couple of weeks ago, the hose furthest from machine was punctured in several places. I cut out the offending part. If the same thing is happening in the base, that would make sense. Is this flood switch linked to anything else? I presume the pump that it operates is the same one inside the machine. What triggers the water inlet? What then triggers the main pump?

George-Allsorts :

I am in the UK as you are.. I know it is late but I'm up watching a film...

We can resume whenever you see fit, so long as it is within your time limit..

The Anti-flood switch cuts the operation of everything else .. it causes the outlet pump to run continuously

JACUSTOMER-yjqsaqkt- :

What is the time limit? I have been billed £20. I am in Central London. Could I ask where you are? I will have to take my time over getting the machine out. I am 15 years older than when I installed the original machine! I'm fearing a proper flood!

George-Allsorts :

I think the time limit is 7 days but I am not sure on that as I am purely an engineer and have nothing else to do with the site running..

I do not have anything to do with the funding side of the site..

You may ask.. I am in North Wales.

George-Allsorts :

Do not fear a flood... The system will not let water into and past the appliance unless it is switched on... The amount of water in the base will be less than what you see in the wash-tank

JACUSTOMER-yjqsaqkt- :

As I pull the machine out, I fear the inlet hose may be damaged. The plastic drain hose will break! Thanks George. You don't sound like the native folks of North Wales. I recall going into a shop some years back and everyone stopped talking! I will do an excellent rating for now. Do I just bookmark this page in order to continue tomorrow?

George-Allsorts :

Check your email also.. there should be a link in there to this page...

George-Allsorts :

Switch the water supply to the dishwasher off before you move it... normally the supply will be under the sink

JACUSTOMER-yjqsaqkt- :

If I submit the rating now, is this chat closed for good or temporarily? Thanks for your help. John

George-Allsorts :

Just for now John.. you can come back to it... and just to give you a little more confidence as you seem to be a little worried... My telephone number for between 10am - 6pm is 07787182156

JACUSTOMER-yjqsaqkt- :

Many thanks.

George-Allsorts :

elcomeYou are w