Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have Zanussi ZNM11X microwave and it has lost all power,

Customer Question

I have Zanussi ZNM11X microwave and it has lost all power, I've checked the internal fuse and it is ok, can you please offer any suggestions.
Many thanks,
George
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

JACUSTOMER-ccqoj3cc- :

Hi Ian, I cant see the answer and the page says you are online?

Dales-Electronic :

Morning George, We will take a systematic approach to finding your fault ~ firstly can you use a multimeter?

Dales-Electronic :

Could you also find me the product code or pnc that will be listed on a label on the appliance.

JACUSTOMER-ccqoj3cc- :

no I don't have one

Dales-Electronic :

OK if you can get me the product code then we will see if we can do it another way ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-ccqoj3cc- :

Is it the PNC number 947 608 509

Dales-Electronic :

Thanks excellent ~ one moment please

Dales-Electronic :

OK as might be expected there is very little technical information on this model. So lets do it the old fashioned way. have you got a light in the m/w or is the whole thing dead?

JACUSTOMER-ccqoj3cc- :

Whole unit is dead

Dales-Electronic :

Secondly you mention that you have checked the internal fuse, I take it from this that you have confirmed that the 13 amp socket and 13 fuse in the plug is OK?

JACUSTOMER-ccqoj3cc- :

13amp was also ok

Dales-Electronic :

Power OK at socket?

JACUSTOMER-ccqoj3cc- :

yes tried 3 know working sockets

Dales-Electronic :

OK this is you conundrum now, I need to be able to establish that you have got power going into the filter assembly. If I explain how the system works then perhaps you can follow my train of thought. Power is fed from the 13 amp socket down a cable and then into a filter board on top of the microwave chassis. This is the board that has the 8amp fuse as part of its make-up.

JACUSTOMER-ccqoj3cc- :

Yes I understand and I'm looking at the board

JACUSTOMER-ccqoj3cc- :

Full Size Image

Dales-Electronic :

Once power has passed through the filter assembly it moves forward to the control panel where switching of the heating components takes place. First thing you have to do is confirm that you have power to and from the filter assembly. If you can borrow or get hold of a way of testing for mains voltage this would be helpful otherwise it will be a case of guessing and changing components which generally waste time and money ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-ccqoj3cc- :

Ok I can get a meter, how do I get back in touch when I have this?

Dales-Electronic :

Yes your picture shows the filter assembly, you need to be able to check that you have 220-240v ac at wires Blue & Brown input power and Red & White filter assy output power ~ You can just come back on here once you have got the meter, the system has allocated you a unique user number and when you log on here it will pass you back to me ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-ccqoj3cc- :

Thank you Ian, speak soon.

JACUSTOMER-ccqoj3cc- :

George

Dales-Electronic :

OK I am home and good to go when you are ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Sorry for delay my broadband went off ~ living in rural Lincolnshire we seem to have too many tractor drivers who forget that the hay bucket can catch phone cables, ~ right is it a digital or analogue?