George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

IWB 5113. fills and drains on wash cycle and the drum is not

Customer Question

IWB 5113.
fills and drains on wash cycle and the drum is not turning. green light flashes.
overflowed last night.
drum turns on spin cycle and drains as normal.
checked the drainage hose, detergent drawer and cleaned the pump.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

When you say the machine overflowed.. do you mean the water flowed out of the soap drawer

JACUSTOMER-u1blibef- :

yes

George-Allsorts :

Then you have an issue with the pressure switch or the pressure switch hose has come off...

George-Allsorts :

If the hose is still on the pressure switch, then you could try removing it, blowing down it and then replacing it to see if it cures the fault... alternatively you will need to change the pressure switch

JACUSTOMER-u1blibef- :

it doesn't overflow when put on a cycle with clothes in, but the drum doesn't turn until it gets to spin.

JACUSTOMER-u1blibef- :

what/ where is the pressure hose?

JACUSTOMER-u1blibef- :

* should read, it doesn't overflow when put on a cycle without clothes in

George-Allsorts :

does the appliance fill ok?

JACUSTOMER-u1blibef- :

yes

George-Allsorts :

The pressure switch is a device that acts to detect water in the tub and therefore instruct the interlock not to open and instruct the motor not to spin

George-Allsorts :

On your machine it is part number #C00254525

JACUSTOMER-u1blibef- :

you said blow down the hose. I don't know where you mean.

George-Allsorts :

Turn off the power to the appliance.. remove the lid.. find the pressure switch and remove the hose from the bottom of it.. blow down the hose, then place the hose back on the pressure switch, replace the lid on the appliance and test the appliance to see if it has cleared the fault

George-Allsorts :

Please take a moment to rate my assistance.. Please use the smiley faces to do this.

George-Allsorts :

Also, is the green light flashing a particular number of times

George-Allsorts :

Why did you rate me poor service?