George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a bosch waq24460gb washing machine I currently have

I have a bosch waq24460gb washing machine I currently have an e43 error occurring and therefore my door is locked and cannot be opened
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Good afternoon, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you tell me if there is still water in the drum

Customer: No
George-Allsorts :

OK.. one moment please

George-Allsorts :

F43 is indicating that you have a fault with the motor... Normally, this would be carbon brushes needed.. Although I can not see why your interlock would prevent the door from opening if you have no water in the tub... can you remove the filter to check that there is no residual water the you can not see

Customer: George is an e43 and a f43 error similar because I told you e43
George-Allsorts :

Oh, sorry... it looks like an F on the left of the screen

George-Allsorts :

The fault is actually with the door interlock then... I can talk you through opening the door but you will then need to replace the interlock

George-Allsorts :

Are you capable and have tools to do this?

Customer: I have changed the brushes, filter is clean, there is no water going into the machine and the door still won't open.
George-Allsorts :

Customer: Yes
George-Allsorts :

OK.. Turn off the power and remove the lid to the appliance

Customer: Have that done already
George-Allsorts :

wow.. that was fast

George-Allsorts :

Standing at the front of the appliance, tilt the appliance backward to lean it onto something like a side or cupboards for support

Customer: I have it done george
George-Allsorts :

from the right hand side of the machine... put your hand down the front of the drum to where the door interlock is

George-Allsorts :

In the center of the lock you will feel the Pecker

George-Allsorts :

Push the pecker towards the door glass..

George-Allsorts :

It may be a little stiff if siezed but it will go

George-Allsorts :

Pull the door open at the same time

Customer: Still will not open george
George-Allsorts :

There is a quick release by the pump but if you decide to use this it may break with a siezed lock

George-Allsorts :

did you try pushing the pecker in both directions?

Customer: Well I pushed towards the glass like you said
George-Allsorts :

Try both ways... although it opens towards the glass it may free if pushed the opposite way

Here is a link to the part you are trying to open Dook Lock

Customer: Door is open
George-Allsorts :

excellent

Customer: Don't leave quite yet george
George-Allsorts :

Ok I'm here

Customer: E43 is still appearing George it's like as if there is no water entering the machine
George-Allsorts :

Replacement door lock for WAQ24460GB

The error will remain there until you replace the door lock...

George-Allsorts :

Nothing will work without the door lock being locked (and working correctly)

George-Allsorts :

Do not try to use the appliance by shutting the door again as the faulty lock could break the pcb

George-Allsorts :

Please take a moment to rate my assistance.. Please use the smiley faces to do this.

Customer: Where can I get the lock as I'm currently living in ireland
George-Allsorts :

from any of those two links above

George-Allsorts :

Please take a moment to rate my assistance to you so far..
Please use the smiley faces to do this. anything above three smiley faces will lock you into me and allow you to return at any time to chat to me further on this issue without further cost to you.

Customer: Are you sure there is nothing else I can do
George-Allsorts :

There is nothing that you can do until you replace the lock on the appliance.. The interlock tells the pcb that the door is closed and lock and that it can then switch on facilities such as the motor and the fill valve etc.

George-Allsorts :

Is there anything else I can do for you?

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair