Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Caple wine cooler cuts out after couple of minutes use

Customer Question

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Can you give me the model number please?

JACUSTOMER-iy2jiia0- : Model wi6113
Dales-Electronic :

OK can you get it out of its enclosure and get access to the rear of the appliance?

JACUSTOMER-iy2jiia0- : Yes
Dales-Electronic :

OK I need you to do four things for me, I need the appliance to remain connected to the electric, I need you to put your hand on the compressor and tell me if it is hot or cold, I need you to tell me what refrigerant it is working on and finally I need you to tell me if you can hear a clicking when it cuts itself off ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Refrigerant will be either R134a or R600a and be mentioned on a label stuck to the compressor

JACUSTOMER-iy2jiia0- : It's cold, it doesn't click, not sure what you mean about refrigerant, it's look like a normal fridge at the back, finally ,it's started up again on its own and then cut out after a few mins
Dales-Electronic :

OK when it cuts out do you hear a click? Where have you got it located, in the kitchen?

Dales-Electronic :

At this point I am assuming that you have got in a warm environment and that there is no clicking coming from the back of the motor (compressor) if this is the case then you either have a fault with the electric control board or one or both of the sensors that feed it with information ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-iy2jiia0- : No clicking when it cuts out, it in a cool part of the kitchen
Dales-Electronic :

Does the temperature ever get below +5C in the part of the kitchen it is located in?

Dales-Electronic :

I cannot help you if you are not prepared to give me the information that I require to carry out the diagnosis, I have given you an opinion based on guesswork so far, as you haven't given me the basic information required. You are my eyes and ears, if you don't help me then we both fail

Dales-Electronic :

Wine coolers are not like normal refrigerators they depending upon the type of wine are required to operate at different temperature levels within the same cabinet. This makes the external or ambient temperature very critical hence my question.