Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I successfully replaced the main function selector

Customer Question

I successfully replaced the main function selector switch on my se361x-5 smeg oven as on of the connectors had melted, the problem repeated and so I made to replace the switch a second time however this time I forgot to note which wires went where do u have a colour diagram of the wiring for this switch
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

JACUSTOMER-0ujx691k- : Ok
Dales-Electronic :

I'm going to have a look around and see if I can find one for you but you might have to wait until I get to work tomorrow

JACUSTOMER-0ujx691k- : Do u know what time that'll be.? And do u know what caused the switch connector to melt?
JACUSTOMER-0ujx691k- : Is that the end?
Dales-Electronic :

I will put in the request first thing in the morning and hopefully come back to you by lunchtime. Regarding the melted wires this is usually because the connectors are loose on the selector switch, if too bad you will need to cut them off and put new connectors on ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Could you give me the serial number of the appliance too this is often needed to get the correct wiring diagram _ just hold on a mo I've just found my disc

JACUSTOMER-0ujx691k- : Ok chat by lunch, we need the oven to cook food to take to my mums so as early as u can please we have loads to do! Merry Xmas fella
Dales-Electronic :

OK I have requested the diagram from Smeg, its not supplied in their service manuals. I'll likely get it later today if you can ping me an email address using (at) in the address rather than @ once I get it I will send it across ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-0ujx691k- : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxyahoo.co.uk
Dales-Electronic :

Thanks will get it across to you asap

Dales-Electronic :

OK I now have the complete wiring diagram for you ~ would you now kindly rate my service to you using the smiley faces below and I will email the complete thing to you in pdf format ~ Thank You and have fun ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-0ujx691k- : No sorry, I'm not rating u before I've seen the diagram,
Dales-Electronic :

You have the wiring diagram in your mailbox as agreed

JACUSTOMER-0ujx691k- : The diagram is black and white and in Italian it's no good for me I did specify a colour diagram in my request, if these don't exist just tell me. This is not what I asked for.
Dales-Electronic :

There is no colour diagram available this is the genuine xxxx document, xxxx is an Italian company therefore the diagram is annotated in Italian, if you check down the wiring diagram lines you will see that the colours are identified. I cannot give you what is not available only what the company supplies. Anyway since you have given me a bad rating I guess you don't need my help any further ~ Ian

Expert:  russell-cssm replied 2 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.co.uk/appliance/8u2k5-successfully-replaced-main-function-selector-switch.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
.