Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My beko dw686 dishwasher says on and the rise aid indicator

My beko dw686 dishwasher says on and the rise aid indicator light is light up but nothing happens can't cancell or select program
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

When you say it stays on whats it actually doing?

Is it washing all the time or is the drain pump running all the time?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's not doing anything
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok when you say its not doing anything are any lights lit up or flashing other then the rinse aid light?

I need as much info on what its doing wrong as i cannot see what its doing wrong.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok no lights flashing just rinse aid light on and can't cancell or change program and on the program screen it says "on"
Switch it off and back on again and it stays the same I would attach a pic if I could
Once door is closed nothing happens no noise no water nothing
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok im with you know.

If theres no lights on at all other then the rinse aid then try this and see what happens.

Turn the dishwasher off
press and hold the start button and keep it held in and turn the dishwasher on.
Keep the start button held in for several seconds then let go and close the door.

See if it starts to run a test cycle and just leave it. If it doesnt run the test cycle then turn it off then on and see if you can then select a cycle.

If theres still nothing comming up then you need to remove the the wooden door panel and then the outer metal door and there you will see the door wiring. Check all the wires in there by tuging on each wire one at a time and see if any are broken.

If the wires are fine the remove the plastic control panel and there you will see 2 control boards. The main board on the left and the user board on the right with the lights on it. Remove the main board and see if theres signs of burning on there.

But if it looks ok then one of the boards will be at fault. Theres no test you can do on there to see which it is as all you can do is replace them. Now from the fault you describe its usually the user board on the right which fails as ive replaced quite a few on the past on these. Now these are not that expensive on these so you can try this first and see if it cures it. If not then it will be the main control board which is a bit more expensive.

So check them out if you can and see what you find. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok done the first bit now the display has changed to p0 and Er9
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok so if you turn it off and back on again will it allow you to select a new cycle or is it still dead?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If I turn it off then back on it goes back to the original fault
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still dead and goes back to saying "on"
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for the delay i did reply to you last night but it looks like it didnt go through.

If its still not clearing or doing anything then im afraid its looking like the control unit itself will be the fault here. Sorry in this case all you can do is replace the board and see how it goes. Its as i said above theres no way to test each board as its a case of replacing the board.