Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

my beko DCU 7230 tumbles but has no heat why

Customer Question

my beko DCU 7230 B tumbles but has no heat why
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

JACUSTOMER-daq5xu6o- :

Are you available now

Dales-Electronic :

Good morning and seasons greetings to you, could you let me have the product code of your tumble dryer, its located on a label together with the model number. Thanks ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-daq5xu6o- :

i have a bar code 5023790026109 and model is DCU7230B

Dales-Electronic :

OK are you handy with a screwdriver?

JACUSTOMER-daq5xu6o- :

i am a maintenance tech

JACUSTOMER-daq5xu6o- :

I have the back off and there is 2 sensors

Dales-Electronic :

OK so you have the heater assembly off already and can see the two thermal cut-offs yes?

JACUSTOMER-daq5xu6o- :

yes

Dales-Electronic :

Do you have and can you use a multimeter?

JACUSTOMER-daq5xu6o- :

lhs has no continuity rhs has continuity

JACUSTOMER-daq5xu6o- :

yes got a multi meter and can use it

Dales-Electronic :

OK in that case you will have to change the heater assembly as it comes as a complete unit - however if you are prepared to try an old engineers trick we may be able to sort it?

JACUSTOMER-daq5xu6o- :

fire away i will try it

Dales-Electronic :

OK let me explain what these do and you will follow where we are going here ~ one of these cutouts is the control stat that switches the heater on and off in normal operation, the other is the safety stat that is a one shot and does not automatically reset. Its this one that usually goes - take the open circuit one out of its hole disconnecting its and noting the connections and then come back to me.

JACUSTOMER-daq5xu6o- :

ok I've done that

JACUSTOMER-daq5xu6o- :

i have the one without the red button disconected yes

Dales-Electronic :

is it the one with the red button that is o/c?

JACUSTOMER-daq5xu6o- :

no oher one lhs as you look at the back

Dales-Electronic :

OK we can try this sometimes it works but to be honest with this stat its a 50/50, take it in the palm of your hand with the connectors at the back and whack it down hard on a flat surface this sometimes causes the bimetallic strip inside the button to reset, measure its continuity (sometimes you have to do this afew times) if you have continuity then you have reset it. However this is the control stat, and likely to go again,

JACUSTOMER-daq5xu6o- :

ok i will try that so both stats have to have continuity

JACUSTOMER-daq5xu6o- :

could I take it out as a temp solution

Dales-Electronic :

Yes they do, I have just been checking thro the parts list but the stats as expected are not available separately but you might be able to get one from RS Components or Farnell, the temperature values are usually stamped in the casing of the stat ~ if you short it out all you will do is cause the safety stat (red button) to keep tripping out, just wont work.

JACUSTOMER-daq5xu6o- :

OK I will have a look at RS THANK YOU

Dales-Electronic :

Would you now rate my information to you by us of the smiley faces below, once done this will allow you to come back with further questions free of charge. glad to be of help ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-daq5xu6o- :

no problems hope that sorts it merry christmas

Dales-Electronic :

The same to you my friend, will be here if you need further help just ping