George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

appliance IWDE7145K{washing machine} items washed on wool cycle

Customer Question

appliance IWDE7145K{washing machine} items washed on wool cycle but will not drain. water level is showing above half way in the drum!
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts : Hello, my name is George..
George-Allsorts : From the problem that you have described there is one of two things at fault here either your pressure switch all your pump
George-Allsorts : Can you tell me do you hear the pump running when it is on drain?
JACUSTOMER-q1wioffb- :

I do not no! have put in on drain but it appears to just sit there

George-Allsorts : Okay, can you manage to pull machine out?
George-Allsorts : I am having a little problem with the broadband at the moment I'm going to reset it, I will be back shortly
JACUSTOMER-q1wioffb- :

yep its kinda out

George-Allsorts : Can you undo the drain hose and place it into a low tray or bucket, be aware that there are a lot of water will come out so you need something standing by to put that water into
George-Allsorts : Once you have done this and the water has drained from the system come back to me so we can correct course of the problem
JACUSTOMER-q1wioffb- :

i can only do this from under the sink bear with me!

George-Allsorts : I will be here, I may not be on the page but I will be here and I will come back to you don't worry.
George-Allsorts : I am going away for a few minutes I will be back shortly
JACUSTOMER-q1wioffb- :

all drained when your ready my good fella

George-Allsorts : I am not at my desk at the moment so I can't see the schematics of your appliance, bought, can you remove the kickplate underneath the front panel to reveal hopefully the filter housing and pump
JACUSTOMER-q1wioffb- :

its not shifting sorry to say

George-Allsorts : as you get to the bottom of the front panel if you slide the end of a spoon or a flat screwdriver in the top Gap above the kick panel and press down
George-Allsorts : The kick panel should come off
JACUSTOMER-q1wioffb- :

i dont doubt it but this machine is not mine and i have 20 mins before home owner is back and i think i am in enough trouble already if you get my jist !!

JACUSTOMER-q1wioffb- :

snapped something so lets leave that one for now shall we

JACUSTOMER-q1wioffb- :

lets work on the assumption that cottons in with woolens were too heavy for machine to work with. Diagnosis?

George-Allsorts :

OK... The panel is held by three clips .. just prise it and it will come.. you need to get at the pump behind the panel to fix the problem

JACUSTOMER-q1wioffb- :

o.k here goes nothing

JACUSTOMER-q1wioffb- :

all we have is a green clip on the far right and a white dial on the right hand side also

George-Allsorts :

OK.. the white dial is the cover for the pump... Can you turn it?

George-Allsorts :

If you can't then it is jammed... Do not force it

George-Allsorts :

Hello?

George-Allsorts :

Are you ok now or do you still need assistance?

JACUSTOMER-q1wioffb- :

still here how water is still left in this thing? bear with me getting there i hope

George-Allsorts :

OK.. Put a bath towel under the dial as there will be a little still in there

JACUSTOMER-q1wioffb- :

all done

George-Allsorts :

What was in there?

George-Allsorts :

Turn the appliance back on and put it on drain to see if the pump works before putting it back together

JACUSTOMER-q1wioffb- :

a slow groaning as if it wants to do its job but does not sound right to be honest

George-Allsorts :

Have a look into the hollow with the dial out... there is an impellor at the back.. check that it is going round

JACUSTOMER-q1wioffb- :

it did move with ease manualy, can i run it with the dial out to see

George-Allsorts :

yes

JACUSTOMER-q1wioffb- :

o.k it tries to turn clockwise but fails

George-Allsorts :

then there is still something jamming the impellor.. Maybe wool

George-Allsorts :

Can you see anything?

JACUSTOMER-q1wioffb- :

it all clean

George-Allsorts :

Then the pump needs to be replaced

JACUSTOMER-q1wioffb- :

are you able to give a ball park figure to replace or are we looking at a new machine

JACUSTOMER-q1wioffb- :

George thank you so much for your time today i am sure you had better things to do, but it has been grately appreciated thank you. Hope you get to enjoy your christmas break when it starts!!

George-Allsorts :

The part itself is part number C00092264 and retail costs less than £20... The fitting is just a case of a couple of screws and two wires..

George-Allsorts :

You are very welcome...

JACUSTOMER-q1wioffb- :

thats terrific thank you again

George-Allsorts :

wait a moment

George-Allsorts :

Indesit pump and when on the payment page you put the discount code of "id1975" you will get further discount

George-Allsorts :

click the link to go to the page

George-Allsorts :

Please remember to rate my assistance today .. Use the smiley faces to do so..

Have a lovely Christmas.. and if you are visiting JustAnswer again, feel free to look me up

JACUSTOMER-q1wioffb- :

i wont hesitate to do so or to recommend. smiley faces all the way

George-Allsorts :

The place to put the code in is nest to the button that says Pay by Card

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair