KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Hello again I have changed the part but error 15 is still showing,

Customer Question

Hello again I have changed the part but error 15 is still showing, please can you advise on how to cancel the error code, thanks
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Plumberpro :

What's the appliance?

JACUSTOMER-gtq685ok- :

Hi can you view previous correspondence on this appliance?

Plumberpro :

No previous info came up . not sure who you were talking to , but give a little info on the appliance and who you were talking to

JACUSTOMER-gtq685ok- :

Hi I was talking to ***** ***** about this Siemens oven error 15 showing he told me to replace the ptc sensor which I have done . he said that the error code should automatically sort its self but it is still showing?

JACUSTOMER-gtq685ok- :

Hi this was my previous chat with Kevin

You have rated an Answer!

From

19 December 2014 07:58 EST

<strongCustomer:

Hi, welcome to Just answer

<strongCustomer:

Er 15 is a overheat error

<strongCustomer:

If you have already tried to reset it and the problem is still there then it is time to replace the temperature sensor

Customer:

I know that I was needing info on what parts . Thanks that would be the tc sensor would it ? there is also a temp limiter?

<strongCustomer:

I dont think it is the limiter however, replacing both might be good

<strongCustomer:

the sensor will cost around £50

Customer:

is the part no 00423842.?

<strongCustomer:

This is the part

<strongCustomer:

and yes that is correct part number

Customer:

Thanks for the image it was most useful. can you assure me that just answer.ukappliance won't take £20 from me every month? I only really signed up for this appliance question.

<strongCustomer:

If you have signed for appliance question then you will not be charged every month ... you can contact customer support for more information about this

<strongCustomer:

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

Customer:

Once the part is fitted does the error code cancel it`s self or will it need to be reset? if so please can you tell me the sequence to cancel the error many thanks

<strongCustomer:

it usually resets itself

Customer:

Thanks very much you have been most helpful. possibly speak to you again in the future kind regards Just.in

JACUSTOMER-gtq685ok- :

Please read previous correspondence ref ***** ***** chat

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hello, to erase the code you will have to hold the timer and clock button ... simultaneously while holding those buttons rotate the oven selector switch towards the right from zero position. After this it will reset everything...once this is done turn the power off and then wait for around 5-10 minutes and turn it back on...Please let me know the result. If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service ...Thanks