Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Kenwood FP905 food processor. The drive shaft insde the body

Customer Question

Kenwood FP905 food processor. The drive shaft insde the body was stripped when the machine jammed. The motor still runs but does bot drive the blade on the detachable spline. Can this be replaced?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Just checking for you? ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Yes the double splined drive shaft is available as a separate spare part ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below, once done I can help you locate the part numbers and a supplier of the parts together with answering any extra questions you may have free of charge ~ Ian

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian,

I am lost woth on-line chat. My problem is inside the machine not the external spline that goes through the jug. I have not been able to open the machine to inspect.

OK I will look again for you but this double splined shaft goes from the drive motor where it is an internal drive into the jug which has an external drive.~ from what I can see on a very bad drawing the motor powers a drive wheel via a toothed belt, this then has a drive coupling that the shaft fits on to which drives the implements. Which item are you looking for? Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian,

I hope this reaches you. I have not been able to get inside the machine to inspect what parts have been stripped when the machine jammed. I am trying to find a srew driver that will get into the four deep-set screw heads that may be non-standard. The problem is entirely internal.

OK come back to me when you get the top off, you should then be able to see the drive mechanism and the drive belt, let me know what you find ~ Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian,

Just got back from the DIY store, the only one for miles. I just cannot find a screw driver of the right size and long enough to loosen the four screws holding the top on. I will try tomorrow; but with Christmas almost here it could be days before I get the top off...if then.

OK no worries I will be around most of the time anyway once Christmas is out of the way so feel free to call ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian,

Thanks for that. It is so frustrating not to be able to get the top off with the tools I have.

David

David, Like so many things these days, designed to stop people fixing them ~ Ian