Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a new (6 months old) NEFF tumble dryer. The condensation

Customer Question

I have a new (6 months old) NEFF tumble dryer. The condensation container never has water in it. Ever. Is something blocked?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Can you give me the full ENr please and I will have a look at the diagrams for you ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-wzq2tdcb- :

What's the ENr?

Dales-Electronic :

This is the full model number on a rating plate inside the door.

JACUSTOMER-wzq2tdcb- :

R8580X1GB/43 FD 9312 200105

Dales-Electronic :

OK could you advise if it was you that installed the appliance or did an appliance company fit it for you

Dales-Electronic :

The reason I ask is that some of these dryers are fitted with a drain hose that feeds the condensate directly down the drain, therefore there is never any need to empty the water container ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Are you referring to the tank at the top left looking at it from the front?

Dales-Electronic :

Do you use it in steam dry mode?

JACUSTOMER-wzq2tdcb- : Our builders installed it when we renovated the kitchen but it's not connected to drainage. And yes, I'm looking at that top left cartridge. When I take out the cooler filter to clean quite a bit of water will come out (takes a few bits of paper towel to mopup). Should I be worried? Seem
JACUSTOMER-wzq2tdcb- : strange that no water ever comes out.
Dales-Electronic :

OK thank you for the further explanation ~ it is working fine, unlike a conventional condenser this one uses the condensate to flush out the condenser (air cooler) and keep it clean. it will further absorb some of the water during its steam operation. As long as you have no leaks and the clothes come out dry you have no problems as long as you keep the filters clean. Hope that has been helpful, if you need further information please ask, however in the meantime kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below. Once done you can come back at any time later and ask for further help free of charge. Have a great holiday ~ Ian