George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

hello, my siemens IQ 300 dishwasher is not heating water, it

hello, my siemens IQ 300 dishwasher is not heating water, it is taking on plenty of water but moving through the wash cycle on cold. Is there some simple diagnostics I can do to check if it is the heating element or perhaps a sensor failure?
many thanks - i'm hoping to repair it tomorrow if i can strip it down and get the required part quickly
:)
mark
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

If you remove the right side of the appliance, you can use a multimeter on continuity to test the heater... If there is no reading then the heater is open circuit..

Likewise, you can test the sensor on an ohms setting

George-Allsorts :

You could also look at the PCB Mark, to see if there is a dry or missing joint at the heater relay

JACUSTOMER-e786e28s- :

thanks George, i will check the heater as you suggest, I assume it is an inline type heater as there is no element around the bottom of the dishwasher. Regarding the sensor, can you please advise where it would be located and what it looks like as I don't have any diagrams for tthe machine. Again please advise where the PCB is - is it in the door.. thanks

George-Allsorts :

Post me the ENr from the top metal part of the door and I'll check for you

George-Allsorts :

Different machines have different types... So the ENr number is ***** must

JACUSTOMER-e786e28s- :

thanks, ***** ***** way when i pressed the reset it showed E-09 on the display which maybe is an error code?

JACUSTOMER-e786e28s- :

ENr number is: SN26M253GB/44

George-Allsorts :

Thanks for that... E09 is generally caused by the heat pump failure

George-Allsorts :

One moment whilst I look at the diagrams

George-Allsorts :

That should help you... The parts lists are included too

George-Allsorts :

Please take a moment to rate my assistance to you so far..
Please use the smiley faces to do this. anything above three smiley faces will lock you into me and allow you to return at any time to chat to me further on this issue without further cost to you.

JACUSTOMER-e786e28s- :

thank you George, seems you have probably identified the problem - one last question for now, is the heat pump a combined pump and heater and could it be pumpng water without heating - I guess so..

George-Allsorts :

Yes...

Here is something I just found that will help

Full Size Image

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

George FYI, it was the heat pump and I fitted a new one from 'spares 4 appliances', at £107. All working and back to normal now. Was a bit of an initiative test to work out that I had to get the base of the dishwasher off, and how to do that. Clever design, only 4 screws in total to remove and a lot of unclicking of plastic.

Many thanks for your advice, couldn't have done it without your help, Mark

Thanks for the feedback... Glad you got it sorted Mark