Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

my dishwasher sn 65e001gb has the tap light flashing and the snow flake light stays on the

my dishwasher sn 65e001gb has the tap light flashing and the snow flake light stays on the pump is free it emptys water but is running weather the door is open or not pls can u help
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Be with you in a moment, just checking the diagrams ~ Ian

Customer:

thanks

Dales-Electronic :

Could you just check and give me the E Nr please it is located on the top of the door and laser printed into the stainless inner door. Thanks

Customer:

sn65e001gb/03

Dales-Electronic :

OK there is no data available for this model on the Siemens engineer site so we will have to do this the hard way, how handy are you with a screwdriver?

Customer:

very

Dales-Electronic :

Good, the tap light is usually shown when you have no water going to the machine but it also shows when you have got water in the base of the appliance where the motor and pump assemblies are housed. I need You, if you can to get the front kickstrip off the appliance and shine a light into the base area and tell me if you can see water in the base. If you are having problems I am here to talk you through ~ Ian

Customer:

can i just say that i put water in manually with a cup and watched it pump it out

Customer:

its also pumping intermitedley with either the door open or closed

Dales-Electronic :

Yes that is fine but I am not talking about the wash cavity, I am talking about the base below ie the cabinet base area, the fact that the pump is running all the time is indicative of the flood protection device having come in to play. So you are looking at the area under the door not within the washing area.

Customer:

ok give me a minute

Customer:

sorry kickboard is not the easiest

Customer:

its appear to be empty

Dales-Electronic :

OK is this model fitted with an aqua-stop?

Customer:

yes and its filter is clear

Dales-Electronic :

OK do this for me, disconnect the aquastop from the water supply, leave it off for 5 mins and then put it back on, this allows it to reset if it has locked out

Dales-Electronic :

Whilst it is off confirm you have water to the stop tap end

Customer:

have done that and definately water in system

Dales-Electronic :

OK when the 5 mins is up give the aquastop a shake and then put it back on a switch the water back on

Customer:

ok

Customer:

i only looked at the filter on the top i see there is another inside but i dont think that comes out does it ?

Customer:

on the aqua stop i mean

Dales-Electronic :

OK the only thing that causes this fault is the aquastop playing up, the flood protection device being activated or being faulty itself or the main control board. 90% of the time it is water in the base, so please ensure that there is non there sometimes it is not easy to see ~ Ian

Customer:

i cant see anything

Dales-Electronic :

OK can you use a multimeter?

Customer:

electical tester

Customer:

?

Dales-Electronic :

Yes, look if you can get it out easily, just pull it out and with the electric off and a towel behind tip it backwards and see if any water runs out of the back Be careful not to break the legs off

Customer:

thats not going to be easy give me a moment

Dales-Electronic :

yes I know, I do it all the time and not something I look forward to !!

Customer:

nearly out

Dales-Electronic :

OK just grabbing a cup of tea but will be here

Dales-Electronic :

OK how are you doing?

Customer:

Its out. What next

Dales-Electronic :

Towel behind it, power off and tip it backwards to 45 degree and tell me if any water comes out ?

Customer:

no nothing but a trickle

Dales-Electronic :

I trickle is enough, keep it at 45 degrees and then go and get a coffee come back in 15 mins and then connect it up with the appliance out, water connected and electric on and tell me if it starts a program now?

Customer:

ok

Dales-Electronic :

Make sure the drain pipe is still connected or held in the sink by someone

Dales-Electronic :

It needs to be at least half way up the back (from a height point of view) of the appliance

Customer:

another couple of mins then i will plug in

Customer:

it seems to of done the trick

Dales-Electronic :

OK if you will take a bit of advice, if you have time now, go up to Morrison/Tesco/Asda and buy what is called a miracle sponge and place it in the base, this will ensure that any further water does not lock you out and should see you through the holiday period. However, at some point you will need to find where the appliance is leaking and do something about it. If you would now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below I can shut this job down on the system, once done you can come back and ask further questions free of charge. Can I on behalf of JA & myself wish you a wonderful Christmas day with no washing up. Regards ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Can I give be of any further assistance?

Dales-Electronic :

Would you kindly rate this call so that I can close it down ~ thanks ~ Ian

Customer:

sorry been fitting it back in

Customer:

thankyou

Dales-Electronic :

A pleasure would you now kindly rate my service so that I can close down the job. Many thanks ~ Ian

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.