George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Can I remove the control panel and control box off my falcon

Customer Question

Can I remove the control panel and control box off my falcon fm900 cooker hood without removing the whole extractor hood. Nothing works so windshield to examine for a possible easy fix
Kevin
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

You may be able to get at the switch panel but the control box will be much more difficult, if it were me I would remove the whole lot ~ much easier to work around it on the kitchen table than being bent backwards over an oven ~ Ian

Customer : Agreed, but due to a cock up on the tiling, not easy to remove.
Customer : is a matter of removing some of the screws!
Customer : ?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Sorry Kevin, you will need to remove the appliance from its situation in order to access the controls from behind the cover.

However, if it is the control circuit board that you have a problem with as opposed to the control, then that is accessible from behind a metal cover behind the filters.. (see image)

graphic

Please rate my assistance as this is the only way I get credited for helping you out